“Best Italian Food in Chatham”

Mamma Maria's Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine in a timeless ambiance
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Mamma Maria's has never disappointed whether for lunch or dinner. The food is great and have used the back room for meetings. In the summer go to the back patio.

There are newer reviews for Mamma Maria's Ristorante

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten here about 7 times now and have never been disappointed, nor have any of the people who attended with me. The servcie is always good. It may not be the quickest, as I have read on this web site, however, I think it is more because they don't want to rush you, or make you feel rushed. The servers are always very friendly and accomodating. They offer a great selection on their menu along with some excellent specials. And unlike some of the higher end restaurants, I have never left hungry because the portions are quite generous. The atmosphere and decor compliment the dining experience. They don't seem to be resting on their good reputation, and continue to strive to make your dining occasion a positive one. If an out-of-towner asked me to recommend one restaurant in Chatham that I knew would be good, it would be Mamma Maria's.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been to Mama Maria's about 5 times (mostly for lunch) and have never had a bad experience. We were out Chatham way on a Tuesday night and decided to eat out. This was by far the best meal both myself and the 2 others with me had in a long time. I tend to be picky when it comes to higher priced restaurants, as I expect to get a gourmet meal. My mom's pulled duck in homemade cheesed stuffed noodles with truffle sauce was to die for, and we couldn't believe what a special to have on a Tuesday night! My stuffed sole in white wine lemon sauce was also superb, and the crab inside was NOT imitation crab, but the real thing, which made it even more impressive. The mussel appetizer and roasted red pepper w/ asparagus soup were both awesome and the Caesar salad served in a chilled bowl was also something we were in awe about. I'm not usually one to write a review, but after last night's meal I had to rave!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The positive reviews through this web site had brought me here from outta town.
The decor was so unique and beautiful. The food was very good but I must say the service will bring me back every time.
I do have a serious allergy to gluten and our server(handsome gentleman with beard ) was the most knowledgeable server and charming . He gave me so many options that were not know to me as gluten items are usually limited. And the face he made my 82 year old mother blush was great! Keep up the great work.
Defiantly chathams best kept secret.
Karra m

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was there a few months back with my husband and kids. Was a little overpriced for what we got. Pasta was good but my husband's entree was not seasoned and lacked any flavour.
Could have been an off night

4  Thank jamie v