“worst service ever - an insult - no apology”

Chatham Breakfast House-Churrascaria Steak House
Ranked #3 of 139 Restaurants in Chatham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My sister made arrangements for my Mom's 81st birthday for 9 adults and 2 children.
I arrived shortly after 7, and was the last guest to arrive. 30 minutes later our orders were taken. Before then, the specials were not given, and, it wasn't until we were ready to order that the server informed us there was a children's menu.

Another 30 minutes passed and there was no sign of our server. I had to call the restaurant from my cell phone to find out where he was and to complain to the manager about the service. The manager asked my name over the phone and indicated that he would attend to the matter.

Hmmm, sure enough, the server came out and introduced himself as the manager and asked "Who's Dennis?" He then proceeded to berate and embarrass me in front of the whole party. "Do you have any idea how long it takes to cook a well-done steak?" he asked. "And besides, the Chef in the back is yelling at me..." he continued. I indicated that his problems should not become our problems and that it should be about the guest experience. Then he went to get the chef, who defended his staff and also was confrontational. Turns out, according to the website that Brian is one of the owners. Shame on both of them.

Again, we waited a prolonged period of time for the bills. When I explained privately to the server that there was no way I could leave a tip, he replied "it is what it is"

It makes no difference to me that the food was exceptionally good and of a reasonable price, my night was ruined and it was an insult to my mother and her guests.

Given the attitude that I got that night, I would fully expect a litany of excuses by Brian in reply to this post, but that will only serve to prove my point.

5  Thank dcm997

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Almost spent the weekend at Churrascaria. Had dinner with friends on Friday night and returned Sunday morning for brunch. Love this restaurant. Everything on the menu is delicious, including the wine, and when they break out complimentary mimosas during your already amazing breakfast, well, who can complain! Hands down, one of the best restaurants in Chatham.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love their chicken, but make sure you ask for a side of piri-piri sauce if you like the spicy sauce to dip it in. All their dishes also come with sweet potato chips that very tasty.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Best breakfast in Chatham and can't beat the breakfast specials price ($3.99)- available till 11am during the week although breakfast served till noon. Lunch value is fabulous and I love the Bifana Portuguese pork sandwich. Soups are a meal of their own. New dinner area in the back is a great place to have a enjoyable meal. Never had a bad meal here and love the sweet potato strips added to each meal.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Breakfast with eggs and bacon etc etc is usually just ho hum but at CBH its a challenge to finish all this is given. The coffee is as good as I make at home (I am very picky and do fresh grind daily) and the food is great.
The other thing that is always enjoyable is the atmosphere and the service. It is lovely because we have become regulars, that they remember us.
If going for lunch or dinner their soups are to die for.
Thanks CBH for your consistently good food.