“Don't let the outward appearance fool you.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wallaceburg
“Don't let the outward appearance fool you.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

From the outside you'd give this place a failing grade but you don't eat outside so normally I'd give it a 5 star status but I have to judge it on our last visit and that warrants a 4 star. The food is fantastic, the services outstanding and the atmosphere inside is very good with clean washrooms. I knocked it down to a 4 star this time because there were a few annoying flys floating around (it's that time of year when they're looking to come in). In most cases you have to take a doggy bag home with you for all the food you get. The prices are more than reasonable. My favourite is the plattter for two with stuffed pork chops, ribs and chicken and the trimmings of course. There's never any room for dessert so I can't judge that. There are only a handfull of places I leave at least a 20% tip and this is one of them. If they ever fixed up the outside their business would quadruple.

• Visited September 2012

Chatham, Canada
“its been a while since i went”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

what i can remember it was good food tho .. somethings were better than others i like the atmosphere nice ppl there friendly

Chatham, Canada
“Will the real T-Bones please stand up”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This was our second visit to T-Bones after a suprising first visit 2 weeks earlier.
First Impressions - we were feeling like hitting a steakhouse and with a name like T-Bones, you'd think that this was the place to go. Upon approaching the restaurant on a Thursday night, we were suprised to see an empty parking lot, with overgrown weeds surrounding it. The restaurant looked dated and almost abandoned from the outside. But we decided to give it a look. The inside was huge...and empty. Chairs were stacked against one wall, windows needed a good cleaning to brighten up the place and we noticed only 1 couple eating inside. Decor was dated although the material on the booths was virtually spotless. We had some reservations to say the least.

The food (first visit)
We were greated by a smiling server named Charity. My wife ordered a filet, medium done and I ordered the 10 oz New York, medium well with a skewer of garlic shrimp. They were having a problem with some of their fridges, so the server recommended bottle beer, not draft, which she brought in a frosted glass (nice touch).
Next, our server brought their amazing PestoGarlic Twisted bread which is to die for. Also, when I ordered another beer, she once again brought a new frosted glass...excellent. The food arrived in an appropriate amount of time and the steaks were PERFECTLY DONE. Now my wife absolutely loves green and yellow beans which was the side, but unfortunately they were seasoned with spices that she did not care for. Simple butter would have done.
In short, we could not understand why the place was so empty given how excellent the steaks were. Oh, and the price was very reasonable.

The Second Visit
So 2 weeks later, we decided to go again. Once again, the parking lot was empty and only 1 other couple were inside (and on a Friday night). Megan was our server this time. We wanted to try something else on the menu so I went for the 16oz t-bone (given their name, this should be their specialty). I love t-bone steaks, especially the tenderloin on the one side of the bone. My wife ordered the blackened chicken, something we have both enjoyed at home and at a few restaurants that dare to make it. The bread again was to die for. However the service was somewhat slower and I had to ask for a glass for the beer and on thereorder, a new frosted glass was not offered. And, the fidges were still not fixed from 2 weeks earlier! My steak that arrived was definitely not a T-bone and was overcooked to boot. The waitress said that she would get a new one. My wife's chicken was overcooked as well, dry and tough. You'd think that with such a mixed order that if anything, the steak should have been underdone. We didn't mind waiting for a new steak as the bread is such a treat, but when the steak did arrive, it too was overcooked. We asked if this was a different chef then on our first visit, but unfortunately it wasn't. The cost of the steak was graciously removed from the bill, but now we are left wondering, "which T-Bones will show up if we dare try them again?"

• Visited August 2011