“Horrible Experiance”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible Experiance”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in. If it hadn't been the only hotel left in town we would have checked out immediately.
Paint and wall paper were peeking off the walls. Furniture was knicked and beat up. The toilet was broken and the taps only pumped out ice cold water.
The walls are increadibly thin. We could hear everything going on in the adjacent room.
The room had an overwhelming smell and the pictures on the site are not an aqurate depiction of the rooms.
There is no elevator only a very cramped stair well with filthy walls and floors.
Very disappointed with our stay and not particularly affordable for the state of the place. I would discourage anyone from staying here in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank LSU_Tiger88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We checked-in very late in night while coming from Chicago to Toronto and we were given late check-out no charge, much appreciated. This hotel is in a great location, very near to downtown, hospital, yet very quiet.

Subway, M&M, Tim Horton, Pizza shops across the street. Room was comfortable and clean. The people at the front desk were very informative and friendly. We will definitely recommend you. Thank you so much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthea C
alberta
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My experience at Super 8 Chatham was a good one. The front desk staff was always very friendly - probably the friendliest and nicest people I've ever stayed with and also very helpful. It was in a convenient location for me - the internet and heater both worked great and my room was always clean. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the Chatham area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was very happy with the price and therefore the value I got for it. Without adding to your costs there are a few things that you could do for comfort.
My girlfriend and I chose the Super 8 Chatham, ON to stay because I came up from Michigan to see her, and the plan was, we would go to Pelee Isand. We went out on a few dates and we surprised with breakfast served morning at 6 a.m. The hotel staffs were very kind and helpful as I asked a few times where would be a good place for dinner. The room was very clean and tidy, and we were both as comfortable as if it were our own home. It was a great first experience for us as a couple, and we would definitely stay here again,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken M
Detroit
Reviewed November 13, 2013

if you want great value for your dollar with extras then super 8 chatham is the choice. Booked 3 rooms for myself and co-workers. The manager Aafreen made sure all rooms were side by side which was great. We were welcomed and given amazing service. The rooms were very clean, King size bed, flat screens clean white sheets, Duvet and comfortable bed made our stay very pleasant. Coffee machine microwave fridge fast Internet digital cable just some of the pluses on this hotel. The morning breakfast was great. The housekeeping staff very friendly. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be back for sure

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a very bad experience (beyond belief) my husband booked me a room at the Super 8 in Chatham Ontario. I arrived tired and not very pleasant. Even with my not so nice attitude, Debbie greeted me with a smile and proceeded to let me know about the motel. After hearing about my previous night, she made sure that I felt safe and secure. The motel entrance was clean with no industrial strength odours. The room was clean and again without odour. The bedding looked liked it came right out of the package. Very comfortable king size bed. The only thing was the over sized TV cabinet. By the way the bathroom was spotless.
. After awhile I went back to see Debbie still a bit irritated from the night before, Debbie helped me find a Hair Salon, and if that wasn't enough offered me a coffee and donut when I arrived back at the motel, Although the motel is small and not the most elegant, Debbie surely made up for it. It takes more than a great look to make a motel super.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business