“Beyond Any Expectationa”
Review of Retro Suites Hotel

Retro Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here over the past weekend, Friday night in Queens and Saturday night in Rendezvous. We came to Chatham for my sisters wedding and we're expecting to book into Holiday Inn or the like, and then I found this gem on Tripadvisor. It was perfect! Each room is themed and individually decorated. The hotel is decorated throughout with many different unique items. The staff is super friendly, every single one I encountered. A shout out to George for truly exceptional service. I was so impressed, I booked the Garden Room for a weekend in May 2014 and we will be coming back to Chatham to check out RetroFest. To sum up, truly, truly impressive!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This past weekend my daughter was married and although the reception was held somewhere else the post-wedding brunch was held at the Retro Suites. We also had several rooms for the Friday and Saturday gatherings; all of which was taken care of by the staff at Retro Suites who helped us in everyway possible. The staff was excellent, they simply could not have done enough for us or our guest that came in later. They took care of everything and took a lot of the pressure off of my wife and myself. Our guests are still commenting on the weekend and likely will for some time to come. The service that the Retro Suites gave us and the way the staff treated all of us was just unbelievable. Our guest simple cannot remember ever have gone to any other establishment where they have been treated so well let alone the décor. It is a beautiful place to stay and the staff will do anything in there power to make your stay as stress free and as enjoyable as possible. Some of the guests that stayed with us are from out of town; they have weekends booked for events and weddings in the area but are now are trying to change there accommodations to see if they can stay at the Retro Suites. The stay was just so relaxing, stress free with beautiful surroundings. It was fantastic and I don't think I can say enough or thank the staff at the Retro Suites enough for making this past weekend so wonderful for us. THANK YOU to Jessica, Nathan, and the rest of the staff for the Great Weekend.

Room Tip: Book as early as possible, they are booked up fast so if you are planning an event do not wait until...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Retro Suites Hotel in Downtown Chatham is like no other. I have dealt with this hotel in several different capacities (personal, business, public events, private events). The staff are so courteous, helpful and kind. The rooms are unbelievable. Each room has a different theme and upon entering you have no idea what you're in for! As part of my job I have to book rooms for guests from all over the world, from professions ranging from entertainers to business people to families. Each and every one of those guests have commented to me how they have never stayed in a hotel so unique in all their travels around the world.
You won't be disappointed staying at the Retro Suites. If anything, you will come back for another visit, and another, and another! Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: There are no "good" rooms - ALL of them are breathtaking! Wait until you see the bathrooms...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Truly has nailed a retro style that gives so much decor to look at, smile at, admire and enjoy. Also has a spectacular restaurant, The Chilled Cork, best prime rib and cheese cake I have ever eaten. Cannot wait for another opportunity to visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at the Retro Suites quite frequently when I was transferred out to Calgary a few years ago. Not only are the rooms absolutely beautiful - the staff were quite wonderful too! I love the uniqueness and character of each room. Each has room has certain luxurious feel about it.

Room Tip: I am putting June 2012 - in the "when did you travel section, but I really stayed there a year...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We spent one night at the Retro Suites recently. We were in town for a fundraiser and the "other hotel" was hosting several hockey teams, so we opted for the Retro Suites instead. It was not our first stay there and it is fun to be in different rooms as they are each so unique. Service is always excellent and the breakfast was truly fantastic, best eggs benedict I've ever had. The chef is awesome! You really can't go wrong with the Retro Suites. It is pleasantly surprising to have someplace like this in Chatham.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chuckandnance
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Retro Suites Hotel in Chatham was delightful. I stayed for one night in the sophisticated Manhattan suite. Elegant furnishings, modern, well-kept and a huge room. "Suites" means the room comes equipped with kitchenette, microwave, fridge and popcorn, all new. The workmanship in the hotel was excellent and many of the original features, such as the staircase, were retained. Excellent art graces the public hallways. We ate dinner in the on-site restaurant and enjoyed an excellent meal. Breakfast was included in the price and my eggs and toast were served lightning fast with a smile.This is the sort of boutique hotel you would expect in a larger centre than Chatham. It offers, wit, charm and comfort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business