“Hidden Gem”
Review of Retro Suites Hotel

Retro Suites Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This is a world class hotel tucked away in small town Ontario. The rooms are amazing and the price is very reasonable. Had a dry aged ribey steak in the Chilled Cork restaurant that was as good as I ever tasted. My server Whitney was very attentive and confidently competent. I also had a great breakfast there the next morning for $5 with linen sevice. Do your self a favour and check this place out if you are ever in the Chatham area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Strick147

Reviewed May 21, 2011

They have the friendliest, most accommodating staff ever. The hotel itself has a very welcoming, classy feel...and the bed is so comfortable I didn't want to leave!
Lunch at the Chilled Cork - the BEST mushroom risotto I've had anywhere!
This place is a Gem.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Lalalalal8
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is a cool, comfortable place to stay. We have stayed several times and each time we find something that could be better, something that I'd do differently if I ran the place, but mainly just little things. Overall, staying here makes going to Chatham a lot more tolerable. One thing that would help sway me to stay every time would be a slightly better price. It is very expensive for the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Take_It_for_Granted
RetroSuites, Front Office Manager at Retro Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your business and the time you took to write a review here on Trip Advisor. As a growing business we always appreciate feedback whether good or bad, we would love to her some of the things that you would change about the hotel "if you ran the place". This would help us see any flaws from a guests perspective. If you ever have a spare moment please e-mail me at nathan@retrosuites.com. There's no reason we wouldn't be able to look at implementing some of your suggestions. Again thank you for your stay and your comments.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We were in Chatham to help my son move, and stayed 4 nights at Retro Suites. The decor was exceptional and the service amazing: every room is different, tastefully done and we were even given a personal tour. very clean with everything one would need, a great value right downtown. We slept like babes; we were in 'turn of the century',a loft 2 story room, and very clean. We have already recommended this beautiful hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank val b
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Retro Suites Hotel on more than one occasion and I will continue to go back. I have travelled throughout Europe, UK, Africa, Canada and the United States and have not found a place like this one. From the Harley Davidson room to the Sky Room to the Refresh Room, each room has something unique about it and the details that each room possess' are incredible. Whoever designed these rooms really took the time to hand-pick everything from the funky chairs to the detailed tiles in the bathrooms to the art on the wall and the amazing shower heads. I would recommend this hotel to anyone from a professional business person to a young couple on their honeymoon. This hotel has a room catered for any individual. The service was great! Fun, friendly, informative staff and the Chilled Cork restaurant attached has the tastiest soups in the area. I very much enjoyed my stays at the Retro Suites and will continue to choose this Hotel because there is always another room to discover!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 3Lynn3
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This place is really unique. Every room has its own name and style. What a refreshing departure from the same old hotel room. Restaurant and staff are great. A couple of words of advice to management..... Your fixtures, controls and furniture are so unique, it is almost impossible to figure out how to operate. Flip a lightswitch, and the shower comes on. Turn the faucet and coffee starts brewing, Fluff your pillow and the hotel door opens.......Get my drift? Dumb it down a little or provide a tutorial for idiots like me. I'm just saying..... I still love this place, though.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Beautifully designed hotel and rooms. Next to a wonderful restaurant, the Chilled Cork where my husband and I enjoyed a delicious and romantic dinner. We were passing through Chatham on our way to Pelee Point National Park and were delightfully surprised with the wonderful stay we had at the Retro suites. We would definitely return for another stay.

Bed was so comfortable..with beautiful clean linens. Our room and hotel was spotlessly clean and beautifully and thoughtfully decorated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple