“ambiance and good food”

Frendz Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #14 of 139 Restaurants in Chatham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Relaxing, century old restaurant offering creative comfort food, specialty drinks, open kitchen concept, outdoor patio and live entertaiment. Specializing in international cuisine.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Ate off of the tapas menu, selected 2 items, both very good. The bartender was attentive, and drinks reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We ate there again last Friday. There were 5 couples and everone had a fantastic time. The theme of the menu is a sort of "Tapa" experience. So you order multiple small plates of different items. We had a Lobster and Crab stuffed mushroom plate, a scallop offering, and a baked brie with some sort of fruit/sweet sauce. All of the food was spectactular. We ordered a light red wine, and they brought us a bottle of Valpolicella, excellent choice. We made the resevation by email, and one of the actual owners (Jenny MacDonald) responded, the number in our party went from 6, to 8, and then to 10, no issues or attitude, just e-smiles and a great effort to accomodate. Our server was great, never really waited too long for anything. Light music, was fairly busy. Very cool fan system on the cieling, all the fans were linked together with an antique chain system. The chalk boards featuring the specials were fun, the custom art was also very cool. Bathrooms were easy to find and very clean. It is an open style kitchen so you can watch the chefs prepare your meals, they were also easy to engage in conversation. Prices are middle of the road, we had quite a few different martinis and a bottle of wine and the bill was around 125$. Awsome website, photos looked exactly like what we got. Will go back in a heartbeat, always a great experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We went out dinner last night we decided to go to frenz since we hadn't been there for awhile I was realy looking forward to dinner because all my other experiences were so great. We had taken many friends there & they just raved about the experience.
Last night we both had NY strip with shrimp on top I've had this dinner before and it was always delicious, the steak was so full of grissel I couldn't eat it . I told three staff members one of them said he would tell the manager but nothing was done. We paid our bill & left probably will not return again.
Shame on you replace the steak give a credit on our bill offer us a dessert give a gift card toward our next visit so many things could have been done.
Talk about shouting yourself in the foot.

4  Thank Blanche C
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We just happened across this place. We figured we'd cruise down King St for some dinner prior to going to the Capitol Theatre for a show. Who would have thought we'd find that spot right across from the theatre. Relaxed atmosphere with lots of beverages to choose from. We went with the $50.00 dinner for two. It featured an appetizer, two mains and dessert. We did the stuffed mushrooms (lobster and crab). They were fantastic. I did the beef and chicken Szechewan and my better half did the pknt pollo. Both were really good but I think the pollo had the edge. I can't remember the name of the dessert but it was a toffee cheesecake with fresh cream. It was definitely the highlight of the meal. All of the food was brought out in a timely manner. Our waiter was attentive keeping our glasses and plates flowing properly. :)

2  Thank Windsor_Beachbums
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have been here a lot, actually if I want a drink, i pretty much only go here.
Everything is decent and people from all ages show up, although after 10 pm the more boisterous crowd comes out and they signals a time to move on.
I have a fave waitress, she make my day every time i see her, because she is awesome.
The food is decent, not to over priced, be borderline for what you get. The calamari is good, it is the best in the city, IMO, but some of the other stuff i have tried is hit and miss, but their lamb on a stick when it is around is awesome!.
It is a place for date night for sure.