“A surprise oasis”

Frendz Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #13 of 143 Restaurants in Chatham
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Relaxing, century old restaurant offering creative comfort food, specialty drinks, open kitchen concept, outdoor patio and live entertaiment. Specializing in international cuisine.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We needed to drive from Port Huron to Detroit and decided to take the long way through Ontario. After getting the 3rd degree from customs (this route adds an hour to the trip) we made our way to Chatham for lunch. There isn't much selection from Sarnia to Chatham, so we were relieved to find this little place serving Tapas.

The meal was excellent. We had several small plates, all of which were delightfully arranged and matched to taste. If you ever find yourself in this part of Ontario THIS is the place to eat.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went for dinner with my wife. Atmosphere is really nice. Waiter was excellent. Reasonably priced. I had pulled pork quesadilla, which was delicious and plenty, came with fries for $11. Great value for the meal. Wife had fish and chips, looked fantastic and she said was great.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We took a gamble by having our only dinner in Chatham at Frendz!! We hit the jackpot. From being greeted by our host Ricky, to the cold beers, to the incredible tapas....I wouldn't even go any other place. I tried a couple of Canada's Okanagan Spring Hefe Weizen and they were delicious, while my wife enjoyed her Manger's Pear Ciders.

Instead of entries we went with some tapas, of special note, the coconut shrimp with sweet chili sauce and the pizzetta calabrese...and the brownie explosion....forget it, I can't remember it all. Every round was amazing! If you're in the Chatham are, stop in at Frendz, and make some new friends!! Tell Ricky we say 'hi'! You can thank me later!!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

On our way to the Niagara Falls we made a stopover in Chatham. We found a reasonably priced motel and wanted to have some food. Not a big meal but just small and fine before having a good nights rest. We found this place in Downtown Chatham. Very charming old building with a young crew that is very friendly and helpful and serves excellent food. We decided for the Tapas. I took the chicken skewer and as a second plate the calamari. Both dishes were excellent and I enjoyed them with a good German Paulaner Beer.

1  Thank Retired-travelling