“Great Food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Chatham, Ontario
“Great Food!”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

It was all good each time we ordered. The soups are great, a little cheap on the bread but the main entree is always delicious.

1 Thank Scrappers

“Left dissapointed”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Ate there on NYE and although I enjoyed the wine and the ambience I left feeling dissapointed. For the cost the options weren't great & the portions were small. Their tomato sauce was to die for but they didn't offer any pasta options with it. Also the dessert choices were sad and bland.

Chatham
“Fresh, Authentic, Delightful”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I had a fantastic dinner. FRESH was the word that best describes our food. Excellent variety of choices, first rate service. Lots of room inside, nice decor-don't let the mall location storefront deceive you at all. We and our friends will be sure to return. Please give this new place in town a chance and help promote new ventures to our lovely city!! Good luck Pepe!

2 Thank RoadToad57
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
“Good food & great service”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

A brand-spanking new restaurant with delicious Italian food and wonderful service. Nice decor, plenty of parking, ample space between tables, clean washrooms. A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. The "dessert pizza" was a big hit with our three kids! Opens at 5 pm daily.

1 Thank EdithM2
Chatham, Canada
“Finally a place that wants to please the customer”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Chathams newest restaurant certainly will go the extra mile to please you...yes, you read that right. In the last year while visiting many restaurants, I have had the suspicion that someone is no longer teaching serving staff how the tip system works. I have experienced everything from being ignored in almost empty restaurants to being quoted company "policy" as the reason why I can't get something cooked the way I want it. Not at Sale e Pepe's though!

Tucked away in a strip mall with plenty of parking, this restaurant features upscale Italian cuisine and clean contemporary decor. Upon reviewing the menu, I noticed chicken parmagiana and veal scallopini, but not veal parmagiana...my personal favorite. When the waiter (Tyler) came over to take our order, I said that I was tossed between the 2 as what I really wanted was veal parmagiana. He laughed at my apparent disappointment, saying, "of course our chef can make that for you." I was stunned as I have had similar requests rejected at 3 restaurants I've visited in the past, when they had all the ingredients right on site. He then asked what I would like to go with that, making a few suggestions as this was not a menu item. First class service!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say the meal was excellent with the right sized portions (not too big or small). The wine nicely complimented the meal and the freshly made dessert was spectacular. Tyler even made a specialy coffee for me at my request that was also not on the menu.

The bill was very reasonable and we will definitely make this a regular place for fine dining.

The only possible negative observation I would make is that it lacks the intimate ambiance that I would normally look for in such a restaurant, but it is the food and most importantly the service that determines where I spend my eating out dollars.

2 Thank MikeV57