All reviewsgames roomsalt water poolswiss chaletking suiteclean roomscinnamon rollsfitness roomin townlarge breakfast areastandard fareyogurtfront desk staffhot breakfastair conditionergreat place to staylots of parkingnice pool
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Description: The rooms are spacious. Had a room with a double bed. The only thing is bathroom us on the small side but that is not a deal breaker with me. Room 206. A casino is being built right beside it so they are planning to open up two more floors. The casino in Dresden is being shut down. So this is taking its place. Cones with a nice out The fridge. Free WiFi which is great. Breakfast is included. Don't expect an American style breakfast. It is light continental: scrambled eggs, toast, Bagels, bacon, pancakes(machine made while you wait - it takes 1 min), oatmeal, cereal, tea, coffee, juice. The room was a good size. A double bed and adequate size room. The washroom was small but for me, it wasn't a deal breaker. It was adequate. I am 6ft in height and the shower nozzle I had to bend down a couple inches to get my head wet. but once again not a big problem for me. In addition, I hit my elbow on the soap dish which protrudes from the shower wall. It was not a sunken soap dish. I just wanted to demonstrate the lack of room in the shower.

Room Tip: Room 206 onward has not view at all
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018

A frequent visitor to Chatham, we prefer to stop and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Always clean, the lobby is bright and staff always ready to greet you. The “breakfast reception” is hosted by two friendly ladies. He food is always fresh and tasty. The pool always refreshing..and despit a casino being build right next door..
The noise is at a minimum as best they can. I like lots of restaurants near by too so you don’t have to go too far!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Exceptionally clean hotel. Staff was friendly and very welcoming. They answered all of our questions. The salt water pool was great, just crowded at times. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The continental breakfast was magnificent. Replenishments were made constantly. All in all we had a fantastic weekend.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Stayed here with my husband in one room and my sister in the next room. Found hair in both beds. Also, loads of hair on the floor in our bathroom. In both rooms the windows were dirty, very dirty, on both the frame and the glass. The view from both rooms was the roof and back of the sign that covers the main entrance to the building. Basically no view at all. Some of this might have been overlooked if we hadn’t spent almost $200 to stay one night. Not sure where the extra money is going but it should not cost $187 a night to stay at a mediocre hotel in a small town in Ontario. On this vacation, this is definitely one of the least clean and most outdated rooms we have stayed in, in addition to being the most expensive.

Room Tip: In terms of value for money, might be better to try one of the less expensive options for chain hotels in town.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Cliff Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Carolyn K,

Thank you for taking the time to write out your comments about your recent stay. Admittingly those two rooms don't have a great view. It does sound like there were other cleanliness issues that I would like to hear more about if you choose. You can contact me anytime if you call me at the hotel direct.

Yours in Hospitality,
Cliff

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Visited Chatham recently for a wedding with family. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel continues the top notch service and accommodations that I have encountered at many Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Comfortable beds, good hot breakfast and friendly staff.

A big shout out to the front desk for asking about the wedding we were attending and offering the contracted price (which we weren’t aware of) instead of the Holiday Inn website cost. Always nice to save some $. The hotel certainly put the customer first.

Thanks.