“Great Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We just stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Chatham and had a great time! We would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast in the morning was great, lots of options. We stayed here and went to Pelee Island for the day. Also visited Uncle Tom's Cabin. Great location for touring the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Cliff Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Jill B,

Thank you for the kind words and recommending our hotel. Its great to see that our families travelling are enjoying our hotel as much as our corporate travelers.

We appreciate your business very much and we hope to see you again when you are visiting the Chatham Kent area in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped through this location on our way to Toronto. The front desk staff was extremely helpful during our late arrival. Our room was very clean, and the hotel offers free Wi-Fi. The only issue that we had was that the air conditioner is located directly behind the curtains, so it was hard to keep the air circulating when the curtains were closed. As a result, the room stayed very warm. (This isn't the management's fault, but it may be something to keep in mind during future remodels.) Overall, we had a very nice stay and would return again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Cliff Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear underwater337,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write out your experience at our hotel. I will pass along your comments to the employees.

We will look into the issue of the air not circulating properly to see if there is anything we can do at the hotel level to prevent this from happening.

We appreciate your business very much and hopefully we see you on your return trip or the next time you are in the Chatham Kent area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed twice in the last month. Well taken care of by the front desk. Last time bumped to a suite. No surprises as they say other than better than I thought. Breakfast in the morning is included. Self serve . Ok but could improve. But all in all I will stay there when in town again

Room Tip: be a member in their chain and get points and upgrades free
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank yakidelsur
Cliff Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Yakidelsur,

Thank you for taking the time to write our your comments for us with regards to your last stay. We appreciate the repeat business and I am glad our team was able to upgrade you to one of our suites. I have forwarded your comments about our breakfast to that department to ensure our quality is consistent.

We are glad to see that you would stay with us again so we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Chatham for business in March and ended up booking a Suite...the room was amazing and such a good deal for my money. It was spacious, very clean, and had everything I needed (except a bottle opener...bring a bottle opener!)
I ended up staying in the room all night because it was so cozy and nice. The bed was really comfy and was quiet at night.
I would recommend it to anyone and will for sure be booking again next time I'm in the Chatham area.

Room Tip: The Suites are well worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed one night when driving from Niagara Falls back to Michigan. The hotel was easy to find and the staff was incredibly attentive and unbelievably friendly. And I'm not talking about the american way of "anything for customer" friendliness, forced by the rules of the employer. It seemed they really liked us staying there, doing everything to make us feel welcome and relaxed. True is this was my only experience sleeping in Canadian hotel, so maybe all Canadians are so nice and genuinely friendly :-)

The the whole hotel and rooms were very clean, amazing breakfast in the morning (included for free), with bacon and tasty egg omelets.

I needed to print two pages in the morning, in color, so they let me into office of a sales lady, she gave me her computer to print whatever I needed. I could not make the print work (my pdf was somehow corrupted), but she patiently waited couple of minutes for me to try and then gave me advice to show it on my ipad, when needed :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently spent a very pleasurable night at this property and was very impressed. The manager and front desk staff went out of their way to assist me upon check in. The manager personally saw to an issue I had with the door lock. The room was clean and the breakfast quite good. I would not hesitate to stay again at this property. Thanks to the very attentive staff at the Holiday Inn Express Chatham South!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was the group hotel we stayed at with my daughters dance team while in Chatham for a competition. They were very accommodating and patient with all of us - not an easy task with close to 100 kids coming and going. Everything from the friendly check in, to letting us use the lounge area for our own "party/meeting room" to keeping the pool open for our girls when the competition ran late. Thank you!!
Other than the too soft beds, we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Cliff Q, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear LDW15,

Thank you for taking the time to write out your comments about our hotel. We do appreciate the kind words. Your group and the rest of the group involved in the dance competition were a delight to look after, great bunch of people.

We appreciate your business very much and hope that you will choose our hotel when you are back in the area or in for another dance competition.