“Modern hotel with free breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chatham
Waterloo, Canada
“Modern hotel with free breakfast”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The lobby is very bright and welcoming. Lots of space to lounge and have breakfast. There is no restaurant on Site but many places to eat close by. A hot breakfast with good selections available free. Good fitness centre and there is a games room. Rooms were clean and well appointed.
I would recommend staying here. Front staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the hotel. There is a train that runs along the back around 11 pm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Breakfast room in lobby nice. If you don't get the suite you end up with an older refurbished room that kinda smells and air conditioner is original...new pool. Good for families but found a bit expensive for small farm community town.

Room Tip: Get the suite with kitchenette and pullout. Well worth it. Not old like other rooms. Do not stay by...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently, we stayed at this hotel while we were vendors at a Home Show in Chatham. We were impressed at the convenience and at the friendliness of the hotel staff. The room itself was more than comfortable and clean. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to "get away" for a nice quiet weekend retreat.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'm under the impression that the Holiday Inn Express chain of hotels is primarily for temporary business stays. With this in mind, this hotel fulfills all your needs for such a stay. The pool is probably half the size of a standard 25m pool so you'd reach the other end within six strokes. The fitness room holds four machines that are all running/biking related (i.e. treadmill, elliptical, stationary bicycle). So it may be hard for some individuals to meet their exercise needs.

The complimentary breakfast was decent considering it is free. Bread, bagels, eggs, cold hard boiled eggs, omelettes, sausage (tasted kind of weird), bacon (occasionally), instant pancake machine, cinnamon rolls, bananas, yogurt, tea, coffee, juice. The taste is acceptable in general, while some items such as the cinnamon rolls and pancakes were pretty good.

The TV signal quality is quite bad. It's a stretched image that's quite fuzzy with many channels. The wireless internet is acceptable for browsing though you may have to wait if you are downloading files or browsing YouTube.

The walls do seem quite thin as you'll hear noises from adjoining rooms and across the hall. But it didn't bother me because my neighbours were normal.

In general, the entire hotel is quite clean and it seems like someone is always vacuuming somewhere to uphold this standard.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Holiday Inn is a brand that I trust, and I tend to choose these hotels when traveling for business. I know the experience will be predictable and consistent - just what's needed when traveling stressed.
I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Chatham. First of all, I didn't know about the proximity of the rail lines until a train went across the foot of my bed at 11:00 in the night. Then I noticed I could hear the folks in the room next door, having more fun than I was.
Even with the earplugs I bought the next day, sleep quality wasn't good. I also had some concerns about the cleanliness of the room. I spilled a little tea, and wiped it up, but the powder was still there the next day. And the next. And then when I was checking out I noticed a rather large (how shall I put this) booger stuck to the wall next to the bed. Will this stop me booking Holiday Inn? Absolutely not, but if I stay here again I'll ask for the front view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel, away from the railway tracks. Booger notwithstanding the r...
1 Thank Jane P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Jane P,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We are delighted that our location was the perfect fit for your business needs. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I apologize for any inconvenience the noise created by some of the other guests as well as the cleanliness of the room. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your review and staying with us.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Niagara, Ontario
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed one night to attend a conference at the conference centre next door and was very pleased with the hotel. It was clean, new, fresh and the front desk staff were very friendly. The only minor issue was with the hotel wi-fi - the front desk did put me through to their technical support, who weren`t able to really help - I think they just didn`t have ``enough`` internet to go around - the hotel was full, and I think everyone was trying to go online at the same time - I was frustrated as I was unable to complete some work I`d brought with me.

Other than that, a fantastic hotel that I would definitely stay at again!

1 Thank draddus13
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As a person thata stays at HI all the time and is a priority Club member I was appalled when I arrived with my sons ball team and recieved a nasty letter at check in that threatens to have the authorities throw the entire team out of the hotel if 2 compaints are recieved.
As a person that travels frequently with sports teams, and seldom out socializing at night, not sure why I would have been punished.
That letter makes quite an initial impression.
Don't travel to Chatham often, but won't stay here again.
The hotel ...knowing teams are coming... did not even group the team together on one floor in one end of the hallway.
The hotel itself was okay. They have tried to redo a warn out facility and just gave it a makeover. But even had broken furniture in my room, although it was new furniture.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank waynes34
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear waynes34,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had experienced at check-in. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Chatham.

Janice A