Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chatham South
$104
$77
$116
$58
Saxony Motel & Restaurant(Chatham)(Great Value!)
$47
Kent Motel(Chatham)
$51
$43
Ridgetown Inn(Ridgetown)
$78
Chatham Motel(Chatham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgames roomsalt water poolswiss chalethour coffeecinnamon rollsin townfitness roomking suiteclean roomsfront desk staffyogurtgreat place to stayfree breakfastpleasant staffhot breakfastcommon areasstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This Holiday Inn is your typical Holiday Inn Express and nothing more, I found it strange that I could smell smoke in the hall, they must have smoking rooms on the same floor as non-smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Not the 2nd floor if your a non-smoker
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marty M
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business and wish it was the hotel I was staying at for the week. From check in to check out it was great. Upon arrival the front desk staff were very nice and accommodating, the decore is modern, entire hotel is clean, rooms were large and the beds were comfy. I would stay here again and again!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This hotel is wonderful. Looks like an older building from the outside but has definitely been renovated inside with great modern, clean rooms. Also has a fitness center, pool, arcade! I always stay here when I'm in Chatham!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My hubby and I recently stayed here when in Chatham. I read a lot of reviews about hotels in Chatham and was very concerned about the quality of hotels in the area due to poor reviews. I found the best reviews were of this hotel and I found out it was recently renovated.

We paid for our room in advance on the Holiday Inn website and saved 20% i think. We checked in on a Saturday and stayed one night. The check in process was quick. There was only one person working the front desk and she had to check us in and answer the phones/reservation system at the same time. We waited about 5mins for her to end her call and then she checked us in. No problem.

We had a king sized bed with pullout sofa in a fairly modern, renovated room on the third floor. The view we had was of an air conditioner on a roof, so not the greatest view but we didn't really have the blinds open. The bed was comfortable, a bit firm. They gave you plenty of pillows, and the pillowcases had embroidered "firm" and "soft" on them. It was nice to have two options. There was a dresser with about 3-4 drawers and a mini fridge. The alarm clock had an adapter for your iphone, mp3 player which was nice. The room had a desk and a small coffee table with two little chairs/ottomans that you could use which was cute. There were Pepsi machines on each floor and a small area near the front desk that sold chips/pop/toothbrushes etc. The bathrooms were small but ok. There was no tub in our room. The bathroom was not as updated as the rest of the room, or at least didn't seem to be but it was fine.

There is free breakfast in the lobby with toast, bagels, muffins, eggs, sausage, coffee, cereal, yougurt etc. They even have the coolest pancake machine I have ever seen. You press a button and it makes a pancake and pops it out the end like an assembly machine. Very neat. My huuby actually liked the coffee and he is so picky with coffee, usually only Starbucks will do. He also said the eggs were very good. They had free Globe and Mail newspapers to read and comfortable and modern seating and tables.

We didn't use the business centre or any other services so I cannot comment on them. We did use the free wireless internet which worked fine. They give you a password at check in. The hotel is located in a busy area of Chatham with a Tim Hortons nearby as well as a gas station, Pizza Hut etc.

Checkout was a breeze, we just handed in our keys!

Overall we enjoyed our stay, the rooms were clean and updated, the price of about $135 was reasonable and the service was fast and friendly. We were very pleased and would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Emerick06
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very nice staff. Breakfast was really good and it was included. Looks very modern and pretty and is very nice and clean. Love the pool. I would definetly go back here as the rates are very reasonable. nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends