Saxony Motel & Restaurant
$37
Ridgetown Inn(Ridgetown)
$68
$86
All reviewsbagelstim horton's across the streetroom was cleanfree wifiinexpensive roomamazing restaurantnice guycontinental breakfastfridge and microwavecable tvking roomcomfortable stayvisiting familystayed two nightsin townthis past weekenddeadbolt
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for New Years Eve 12/31/13 because we were too tired to drive through the night back to the States from the Falls.
Well, When he opened the Door , I was pleasantly surprised at the nice furniture and updated decor and cleanliness.

There was a clean microwave, refrigerator, great signal / many cable channels, WIFI included.
FREE Breakfast offered! Muffins, cereal, coffee, fruit, waffles.

The attendant on staff was very nice and brought us extra blankets and even set up the sofa bed for our kid.

The only complaint i have is that the wash cloths were stained badly and should be thrown away if the chlorine didnt clear that up. The pillow cases should also be changed after each guest.

very decent motel. It appears that they updated the place since 2011. Keep up the good work and thank you for the pleasant stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thanks for staying with us and taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. I will like to congratulate the Saxony Motel's whole team which includes front desk staff , housekeeping and maintenance personnel for doing such an amazing job.. Now, let me address the issues you have raised. The pillow cases are changed every time the guest, checks - out whether it is a short or long stay. We apologise if it was not up to your satisfaction. On Jan 11th,2014, we have added new inventory of wash cloths, fresh pillow cases batches, hand towels and some bath sheets as well too. We really appreciate your input because it pushes us to work even more harder to make this property one of the best in Chatham, ON.I hope that you will stay with us again if your travels brings you to our neighbourhood.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I would like to report that this was a very clean and newly renovated motel, located remotely (about 5 minutes from downtown Chatham, ON) to restaurants, banks, etc.

The staff were very accomodating, and yes the room (We upgraded to jet tub suite) was all newly redone and was remarkably, fresh and clean.

This room was equipped with a bar size fridge and microwave, all in clean and working order also take out available till midnight on a weeknight. The TV was meh, but who really watches TV away from home?

I would definately stay here again, or recommend to future guests!

Lots of thanks from Tom and Eileen (Waubuashene, ON)

Room Tip: Jet tub suite was right beside the rental office, and the jets were a bit noisy, but suited our needs :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Our team works very hard to satisfy and fulfill most of our guest's requests. Honest reviews really help us grow & push us to make the experience even more better for our guests. Thanks Tom & Eileen for staying with us at Saxony Motel.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I traveled from Detroit to Buffalo and stopped in Chatham ONT Canada for a business call the following morning while my wife remained in the motel room.

This is a family owned motel that is very clean - with well equipped rooms including fridge and microwave and lots of TV stations. Our bedding was new and the bathroom was newly renovated so it was an excellent stay. They offered lots of pastry and good coffee for breakfast, that morning but our diets didn't let us sample the donuts and pastry.

I always hate to bring up pricing, but no matter what the price this was a good motel to visit - and made especially nicer because of their more modestly priced rooms.

Room Tip: There was an on site independent restaurant - didn't try it since we had eaten along the way. Location was convenient to my business visit. I don't know if they had a pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lee R B

Thanks for writing this review . I am very pleased to know that you really loved our room. Please keep writing your honest reviews & we will keep on working hard to make your next stay more comfortable & pleasant. I hope that you will visit us again , when & if your travels bring you to our town. thanks for staying at Saxony Motel in Chatham.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have had cause to stay here 6 times in the last year and have had 4 different rooms...The rooms have always been clean and for the most part well maintained. I'm certain that they have been updated recently with furniture purchased from a decent "hotel" All of the rooms I stayed in had a new bathroom and"powder room area", a microwave, a small bar-fridge (for your own brought in food etc..) Don't let the exterior deceive you...although I noticed on my last visit they are working hard to change this as well. The only things I would suggest.. bring your own pillows, on each occasion I have rolled up some clothes because the pillows were so flat and bring your own soap/shampoo (it is supplied but is verrrry cheap) In the end for $50/ night you can't CAN'T go wrong! You get what you pay for, and this is well worth the money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write this review & for the kind remarks about our room. Now, let me address the issues you have raised. We change our pillows quite often but some of our repeat customers they do not like the newer pillows. So, I would have appreciated if you had mentioned it to us during your stay & then we would have taken care of it , right away without causing any inconvenience to you. We have changed the soaps too, recently. We have changed the exterior of our building & it looks really nice but we are not done yet. Please visit us again whenever your work or travels bring you by and keep sending us, your honest reviews, they help us grow. We are here to make all are guests happy and it is our top priority to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Clean and surprisingly nice rooms for a $50/night roadside motel. Breakfast not-so-great but there's a Timmy's across the road. My only complaint is no clock-radio! Otherwise, this place is a pretty incredible value.

• Stayed: June 2013
Rajan K, Owner at Saxony Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thanks for your review. I am very pleased to know that you liked our room. Our budget does not allow us to put alarm clock in every room this year but we will definitely look into it , in the very near future. Please keep sending your honest reviews to us because that gives us the opportunity to know about our guest's expectations which we would like to take care of as soon as possible. . We are here to make all our guests happy & comfortable. We truly hope that you will visit us soon, if and when your travels, bring you in our area.