“Funky place to visit if in Cobourg”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Bar & Grill

Oasis Bar & Grill
Ranked #34 of 89 Restaurants in Cobourg
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cobourg, Canada
“Funky place to visit if in Cobourg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great in the summer if you are in town for any special events. Catch a show at the Park Theatre, show your ticket on the day of the show and get 15% off. Good selection off food. Decor is fantastic. Spend some time looking around, taking your time and enjoy the ambiance.

Visited October 2011
Carol O, Manager at Oasis Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We do in fact support the Park Theater and are very proud to be a sponsor to our little downtown “Gem”. I really appreciate the comment on the décor. Much of it has come from our lives and almost each and every piece has a story either one of us would be delighted to share given the opportunity!! Antonio & the Owens thank you for the business

Port Hope, Canada
“Going Down Hill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The last two occasions my wife and I have gone to the Oasis we have only wanted to sit up in the bar area, on both occasions we were told we couldn't. Once because of a function and it wasn't open and again because they didn't have sufficient staff. The used to have the best coconut shrimp around but not so much anymore. They used to be a solid 5 a couple of years ago but a 3 is all they are worth now.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ParisSurprise
Carol O, Owner at Oasis Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you could not be accommodated in Crabby Carol’s on your last two visits. We could not do much to change the circumstances on the private function. I can say that happens only 3-4 times year. It is unfortunate that it happened on a day that you were able to visit. The insufficient staff issue relates to hot summer patio days and a room that until late August 2012 was not air conditioned. When we open the patio bar (usually end of May) we do not try to run both the inside and the outside bars for lunch based purely on the number of customers. Now that we have air conditioning we run them both Wednesday through Sunday nights. I am also sorry to hear you were not pleased with our coconut shrimp. It has been a menu staple since 1994 and remains one of our most popular dishes. We guarantee our food and service and would have welcomed the opportunity to correct the problem when it happened
Vancouver, Canada
“Poor service and ordinary food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Problem number one was that the advertized "bargain" wine we chose was all sold out by 7 p.m. resulting in our having to choose something more expensive. Problem two was the wait to order. Problem three was the wait for food -- almost an hour. People who arrived after us were already leaving before we ate. No-one apologized for the delay, either before or after. I do not usually write negative reviews but this experience deserved comment.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank FellowTraveller44
Carol O, Owner at Oasis Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that the wine you wanted was not available. I assure you that we immediately changed our process when I read your review. What I realized was that our downtown Liquor Store was downsizing on many products due to the imminent opening of the new large store at the mall. I neglected to “check” what was picked up VS what was ordered. A lesson well learned. We started to locate the wines we needed on the LCBO website and regularly travelled to out of town stores to get them thus insuring we did not run out again. I am very sorry that all in all your whole night was a disappointment. We are proud of our little restaurant and have been very hands on for all of the past 20 years. When things go wrong all we can hope for is a chance to make it right. We certainly take all comments good and not so good very seriously and when we can we make changes to our operation to correct a flaw as soon as possible. That includes correcting a bad experience at the time when we can.
Grafton, Canada
“Fun Atmosphere and Poor Food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have been here many names and the last two times I felt the food quality has not been there. The mashed potatoes were really "mushed" potatoes. The veg of the day was sliced tomatos and half an overcooked cob of corn - WOW! A lazy choice indeed and not expected at their price point. After waiting some time to be ackowledged the waitress brought our wine - we had to ask for water. They later forgot the bread. My Mediterraen Pasta was suppose to have "sweet red peppers" and "garlic" - the used large uncooked slices of green and red peppers ( I am not fond of green peppers and would have asked them not to use.) I never even noticed the garlic. I will not be going back!

• Visited September 2012
Carol O, Owner at Oasis Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you had such a poor experience in our restaurant. We do switch to Casteels tomatoes as a vegetable choice in the summer and have done that for serverl years. That choice was made by us likely because we love tomatoes when they are in season. I have spoken to our kitchen staff on the cut of the vegetables and think we have resolved the problem. The menu says the Mediterranean Pasta has sweet peppers and both red and green were being used. We have now added both orange and yellow to the mix. I also apologize for the poor service. We struggle every summer with a large influx of temporary staff that works just the “patio” months since our size changes dramatically once it opens. I can only say that I would have preferred to resolve the problem at the time. It is always unfortunate that there is no opportunity to show you that we do care about our customers, our service and our product.
ontario
“Fantastic Patio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great spot, staff very friendly and helpful with tourist info. Food tasty and served quickly. Will be back!

Visited August 2012