“Great Place to eat”

Ranked #16 of 96 Restaurants in Cobourg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I have classic convertibles. We tour on Sundays to various locales and meet with friends for lunch. We have been at "The Mill" in Cobourg several times over the years and have never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and courteous and the service is quick but not rushed. Food is very good and my wife loves their desserts. There is outdoor seating which we have used before as well. The restaurant is at the edge of a golf course and the scenery is pleasant and easy on the eyes. We hope to visit there a few more times before winter arrives and we put our convertibles "to bed".

2  Thank PJ M
There are newer reviews for The Mill Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Went there for a family dinner .the special was prime rib which had the consistency of shoe leather ,we were given a teaspoonful of gravy ,the carrots were raw and the other vegetables were overcooked .service was poor and it was not very busy .

Reviewed July 15, 2012

10 of us Went here for my mother's 80th birthday , the server came to the table , and told us the daily specials and started off by saying the soup of the day was disgusting so she was not going to tell us anymore about it and then told us the other 2 specials. She then took our drink orders , most had alchol type drink's , and a few including myself had just ordered water. Seemed to take along time for the drinks to come and took even longer to get water , my sister had ordered a glass of wine along with a glass of water , when she finally returned with the glasses of water , she was short one for my sister , the table that was behind us of 4 had left , and the server turned around , took a glass of water of the table and put it down in front of my sister . I couldn't believe she did it , needless to say .... My sister didn't drink it lol. She took our order and my brother in law asked what the soup of the day was and the server said " don't worry about it ... Its gross !! You don't want it ". Again I couldn't believe she said that about the soup.I ordered the fish and chips , 1 Piece of fish , fries , and a coleslaw 12.95$ .. 6.95$ for an extra piece of fish , which I opted for, I was hungry and not eaten all day , I figured for 20 bucks for fish and chips , it would be a good portion ... Rip off !! Definetly not worth the price of it.

All in all , its not a bad place , but it's not the best place.

Take your chance if you want ... Who know's ... Maybe they will have a good soup of the day and not a disgusting soup of the day as the server reffered to it as .

1  Thank Gelaas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family went there for mothers day, the menu on line was not divided into dinner and lunch so it looked like everything was there all day, instead, there was 5 or 6 things to choose from, some overbaked quiche looking thing, the desserts were few and the cake was dry, we asked for chocolate milk for the kids, they brought out milk with a bit of chocolate syrup in it, which made it look pale at the most, and for one couple with 2 children 12 and 9 it was almost $90.00?, defintely won't be back.

1  Thank AvaNadine
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The staff at the Mill are always willing to do whatever our family requests. They are very flexible with their menu. In the summer months, the patio is pure PERFECTION! Good menu and great service!

2  Thank K H