“Good food without the guilt”
Review of Daizies - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ontario
“Good food without the guilt”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

There are not many options in Cobourg for good food that is also relatively healthy and locally sourced. Daizies does both and they do it well. The set menu they had last weekend was excellent and the service was very good. Keep it up guys, you have become my go to restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
“Real food Great Place”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Healthy real food, able to deal with food sensitivities, offering lots of vegan and glutton free etc options but still can enjoy ribs or an amazing organic chicken roti. Love the food, love the atmosphere and super friendly staff. A real gem in downtown Cobourg.

• Visited January 2013
Charlton, ON
“Expensive, and I left hungry.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was pretty tasty, but you didn't get very much for the price. I guess you pay for the organic label. I think my lunch special came to about $15, and I needed to grab some pie when I left, just to fill the gap. We sat out in the street, so I can't comment on the atmosphere inside.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“AMAZING FOOD!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Daizies is amazing. Went there with my family and at first we were expecting a Tapas style menu because that's what on the website but when we got there the menu is totally different. Apparently it has a new owner so what you see on the website as of today is not what is served. But you won't be disappointed. All food is organic and local and the atmosphere is great. You feel right at home and the owner is very friendly. I would HIGHLY recommend this place and order the roti and curry. Sooooooo good!

• Visited December 2012
Brighton, Canada
“Delicious, friendly, informal and chic”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely and fast dinner last week. The host/cook/waiter gave tours of the menu and the deli section, explaining each item as we decided.There was stuffed chicken curry roti for me with a side of kale slaw, eggplant parmesan for him with soup and kale slaw. His soup was silky, delicious and properly hot, (temperature). The slaw was unexpected, fresh and delicious. The masala for the curry is homemade, authentic and not too hot (spicy). The roti also was homemade - such a treat. Desert was a chocolate square with white icing; a bit grainy to my taste, but I am not a chocolate fan. He thought it was just fine and gobbled it up. A pleasant, quiet crowd that enjoyed a glass of wine with dinner made for sophisticated company in small town familiarity.
Dinner for two with one wine and one beer was under $55.00. We would definitely go again.

• Visited November 2012