“Just awful.”

Add it.
Franks Pasta and Grill
Ranked #63 of 93 Restaurants in Cobourg
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: next to Scotty's motel on King St east. A new owner who cooks everything fresh. He comes out to meet his customers.
“Just awful.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went pretty far out of my way to try this place out, since I had seen that it was rather busy most times that I passed by. Usually, if a restaurant gets a lot of business, you can safely assume they're at least pretty good. No such luck here. My husband and I brought our nephew for his last night staying with us, instead of cooking at home. Right off the bat, the waitress seemed surprised that I wanted to know about the special and didn't actually know what the pasta of the day was (the sign said to ask her). Our pops were flat and warm. It seemed more like they mixed the fountain drink syrup with tap water. Next comes our soup an salads with garlic bread... Call me crazy, but I think everyone ahould get the same amount, instead of giving a kid twice as much as the two adults. Not a huge deal, but still odd, since all of our meals were served with this stuff. The caesar salad was standard, exactly what I expected. The garlic bread was okay, though I couldn't have guessed that it was aupposed to be garlic bread if i didn't specify garli on the menu. When our food came, I was surprised at the difference in serving sizes. My nephew and husband ordered the same thing, but my husband got significantly less fries than the 11 year old child across from him. When my food showed up after theirs, I was pleased to see the amount of shrimp on the skewer atop my steak. I started with the "roasted vegetables", which was just a few grape tomatoes and a measley serving of tasteless, overcooked broccoli. This is when the waitress decided to ask how everything was. One bite into my meal. I told her it is fine and didn't see her again until I had set the rest of my food aside. I had ordered the 8oz steak with shrimp, and judging by the name, I expect my steak grilled. It came to me dripping in what tasted like dirty grease, though the cook argued that he does not use any grease an it is butter and red wine. It was so ba that I couldn't force myself to eat more than two bites. There was no mention of butter or red wine on the menu, and even being told that's what it was, I still couldn't have identified it as such. When I told the waitress that the steak was disgusting an tasted like it was cooked on a dirty griddle, that's why I was't eating, she argued that it is always clean. That's fine, but please listen to what I am telling you it tastes like! She told me that I shoul have told he I didn't like it before eating because then she coul have done something about it and that she ha asked me how it was and I sai good... Again, she asked ONE BITE INTO MY MEAL. When we were ready to leave, the cook came out personally to argue with me, telling me that everyone loves this steak and that it is 10$ on Wednesdays and so many peoe come out just for that steak because it is so good... They even use AAA beef! I decided against being completely honeast and rude and refrained from telling him that just because many people have bad taste doesn't make his food any better. He coul use filet mignon but it would have still been ruined by his method. Instead, I let him know that at least he has good gravy... Unfortunately, the steak put me off of even eating my fries. I will never return to this dive!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank dkieley

“the best WINGS ... GREAT DEAL...”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

ONE OF THE BEST WINGS IN ONTARIO.........Just checked out the Sunday Indian menu situation at Frank's Pasta and Grill and found some delicious butter chicken and curried goat as tonight's specials. The service was warm, friendly and efficient. Try them on for yourself: Sundays, 3-9 pm, Indian menu. FOR SURE GOING BACK...

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank alittlelazy
Cobourg, Canada
“WINGS! and so much more!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Loved the wings there! Friendly staff and cozy environment. Been there a few times now. Will definitely be going back! Highly recommend their Beef Philly sandwich. They also do karaoke on fridays which was fun!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jay M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing wings!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great little spot, very friendly service, some of the best wings I've ever had. Perfectly crispy and hot hot hot sauces. Cheap wing deals too, will definitely head back soon!

1 Thank Steve098887