“Charming little Inn in Coburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Woodlawn Inn

The Woodlawn Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Cobourg B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Charming little Inn in Coburg”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed just a night with my sweetheart while he was away on a photographers weekend. I didn't get to enjoy all the amenities that the Inn had to offer but I did get to experience two important aspects of the room. The bed and the tub.

To me those are the most important. For those of you who have read my other reviews know that a good tub makes or breaks the stay for me. Woodlawn Inn was very charming. Although the exterior does not do this place justice. And I almost wish that that I stayed for brunch as it smelled fantastic. Full dining room with stellar wine cellar makes me think that this wont be the last time we will visit.

As for the rooms. Very spacious, clean and charming with everything you would need to relax and unwind. The bed is comfortable with lots of pillow and extra ones in the closet if you need lots like I tend to. The bathroom was spotless and very spacious with the biggest tub i've come accross in a hotel/inn. It was bigger than the jacuzzi tub we have at home. Needless to say i spent my morning soaking before we had to check out.

I was very impressed with the Woodlawn Inn and hope to return again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BellaSignora335
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear BellaSignora335

Thanks for your excellent review and for uploading some pictures! I hope that you both had a terrific time and we hope to see you back again soon.

Take care,
Stephen Della Casa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
n. yarmouth
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Wish our trip allowed us to stay another night! We had an upstairs room which was quiet, very spacious with gas fireplace and small balcony. We hoped to leave door to balcony open for fresh air vs in-room fan/AC but May flies were in hatch! (maybe a retractible screen door could be considered)
Ate dinner elsewhere but next am enjoyed their breakfast immensely! In-room fridge was convenient & coffee maker very helpful for us-being very early risers. It was convenient to select/self-serve our preferences from array of sliced fruits, toast, juice and coffee then enjoyed their omelettes from kitchen. Staff was friendly and helped us with names and directions to wineries open in late April.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meandkeys
Hello meandkeys!

Thanks so much your review of our family-run inn. I hope you found the wineries that you were looking for.

All the best,
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Cobourg is a happening small town, with a lot of seniors moving there to take advantage of the lowcost beautiful old homes, great hospital and high standard of community involvement. This is a great place to base your trip. The staff are super-friendly. The bar is nice for a late night drink. The restaurant (I only ate there for breakfast) is excellent. There's a nice common room on the second floor. The room we stayed in was spacious and nicely designed. Whoever said a hotel has to be a chain to deliver topnotch service has to check this out.
If I could make a suggestion to up the game, the enviro standards could be higher--more signage for recycling, opportunities to re-use towels, water-efficient showerheads, etc. If I could make another-- try some local art on the walls, even if it's leased.--wayne

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank wayne300944
Dear wayne00944,

Thanks so much for your positive feeback and excellent suggestions! I hope you had a terrific time in Cobourg as well! See you next time!,

Thanks, Stephen Della Casa
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We recently stayed at this Inn and it was lovely. Our room was enormous and nicely decorated and very clean. The mattresses were very comfortable. The staff is great and the building is very historical and lovely. It is a short walk to the shops and restaurants and there is plenty of parking. They had DVDs that you can take to view in your room. The bar area is stunning and the restaurant was excellent. The owner (Steve) made the rounds and spoke with all the guests in the restaurant-a great personal touch. I would highly recommend this Inn. We had a gas fireplace in our room, a tiny balcony, a large bathroom, fridge and coffee maker.

Room Tip: Room 208 has 2 double beds and is a corner room so it was enormous. Great for 2 ladies travelling to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank celtqueen
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Celtqueen,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about the dining room ans well as the inn. We are honoured!! I'm glad that you had time to watch a dvd from our library. The inn is a family run affair. If you are here on Tuesday to Saturday you'll likely see myself or my sister Marisa and if you are here on Sunday and Monday you'll likely be greeted by my mom Gerda. We usually like to have a family member at the inn at all times. We hope to see you back with us soon.

best wishes,
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice inn.staff very welcoming .we had an upgraded room which was up a long and steep staircase .room was large and well furnished.matress was hard and uncomfortable ,foam pillows(recommend getting down pillows and down duvet for a better experience), had dinner in the dining room ,food was quite nice .cost 260$for four which include about three drinks but no expensive bottle of wine .convenient location to walk into downtown coburg.I find Ontario very expensive compared to similar us small towns in the Midwest .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arh0070
Dear arh0070,

Thanks for your frank review! and I'm sorry that we could't get the mattress situation sorted out for you! Please let me know when you return and I'll be sure to care of you personally or see to it that one of our experienced staff member take care of you.

Thanks,
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Highly recommended. Stayed overnight March 28, after attending a wedding reception at Woodlawn Inn. The exterior of the Inn doesn't do justice to the charm and friendly ambiance on the inside. Our room was large, comfortable, and clean. Staff were friendly and efficient. The included breakfast was fresh and a cut above the usual chain hotel fare. Very civilized!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bankerboy1947
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear BankerBoy,
Thank you for writing about the wedding that you attended here at The Woodlawn. All the staff put extra efforts into special weddings and we are all glad that you enjoyed the event and your overnight stay with us. We would love to have you back with us, and you don't even have to be invited to a wedding to do it!
All the best,
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We just spent one night in the Inn last Saturday, March 16th. We unfortunately had to attend a close friends funeral and was I glad I booked this Inn. We came back to the Inn very sad and gloomy but the Inn just is so warm and comforting. The staff were amazing and treated us with the upmost respect. We did not eat dinner at the Inn as it looks more higher end than most restarurants in the area. The bar was cozy. The owner Steve, makes you feel like he has known you forever! The room was a little smaller than I expected but we got a great off season price. It is about a 10 minute walk from downtown Cobourg and to the beach/boardwalk. It was nice to bundle up and walk around without major crowds. Of course, most stores are closed early and on Sunday but the mall is a short distance away. We ate in a little restaurant called The Buttermilk Cafe" and it was awesome, great food and great staff!! Hope this helps! Have a great vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie155019
Dear Debbie,
Thanks for writing and I'm glad that the inn provided you with a pick-me-up! We are also very proud of our town with its historic waterfront location, and interesting shops. It's really an undiscovered jem in Ontario. We hope that you can return to the inn, walk around, and enjoy our area once again soon.
Take good care,
Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre
Willowmere Bed and Breakfast
Ste. Anne's Spa
Ste. Anne's Spa
#1 of 1 in Grafton

Been to The Woodlawn Inn? Share your experiences!