“Nice inn needs new mattress”
Review of The Woodlawn Inn

The Woodlawn Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Cobourg B&B and Inns
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Nice inn needs new mattress”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice inn.staff very welcoming .we had an upgraded room which was up a long and steep staircase .room was large and well furnished.matress was hard and uncomfortable ,foam pillows(recommend getting down pillows and down duvet for a better experience), had dinner in the dining room ,food was quite nice .cost 260$for four which include about three drinks but no expensive bottle of wine .convenient location to walk into downtown coburg.I find Ontario very expensive compared to similar us small towns in the Midwest .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arh0070
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear arh0070,

Thanks for your frank review! and I'm sorry that we could't get the mattress situation sorted out for you! Please let me know when you return and I'll be sure to care of you personally or see to it that one of our experienced staff member take care of you.

Thanks,
Stephen Della Casa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Highly recommended. Stayed overnight March 28, after attending a wedding reception at Woodlawn Inn. The exterior of the Inn doesn't do justice to the charm and friendly ambiance on the inside. Our room was large, comfortable, and clean. Staff were friendly and efficient. The included breakfast was fresh and a cut above the usual chain hotel fare. Very civilized!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bankerboy1947
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear BankerBoy,
Thank you for writing about the wedding that you attended here at The Woodlawn. All the staff put extra efforts into special weddings and we are all glad that you enjoyed the event and your overnight stay with us. We would love to have you back with us, and you don't even have to be invited to a wedding to do it!
Stephen
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We just spent one night in the Inn last Saturday, March 16th. We unfortunately had to attend a close friends funeral and was I glad I booked this Inn. We came back to the Inn very sad and gloomy but the Inn just is so warm and comforting. The staff were amazing and treated us with the upmost respect. We did not eat dinner at the Inn as it looks more higher end than most restarurants in the area. The bar was cozy. The owner Steve, makes you feel like he has known you forever! The room was a little smaller than I expected but we got a great off season price. It is about a 10 minute walk from downtown Cobourg and to the beach/boardwalk. It was nice to bundle up and walk around without major crowds. Of course, most stores are closed early and on Sunday but the mall is a short distance away. We ate in a little restaurant called The Buttermilk Cafe" and it was awesome, great food and great staff!! Hope this helps! Have a great vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie155019
Dear Debbie,
Thanks for writing and I'm glad that the inn provided you with a pick-me-up! We are also very proud of our town with its historic waterfront location, and interesting shops. It's really an undiscovered jem in Ontario. We hope that you can return to the inn, walk around, and enjoy our area once again soon.
Take good care,
Stephen
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we stayed at the inn on business during a cold January night. Our room was spacious and cosy with a very effective gas fireplace. great beds and a bit dated but clean bathroom. very quiet room even though its on a busy main street. dinner with locally sourced meat and veggies was superb and next morning the made to order omelettes were tasty. a few creaking floorboards and steps reminded us of the history. overall we did not expect the high level of quality and comfort in a historc inn and the little premium in cost over the local "chain hotel" was well worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wilfrid L
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Wilfird L.

Thank you for staying with us last January. We really appreciate your business and that you took the time to look for a higher quality alternative to a chain motel. We are glad that you enjoyed a peaceful stay in your room and glad that you enjoyed your dinner and breakfast with us. Thanks for the comments on the bathrooms, we are continually making improvements and appreciate your frank feedback, it really helps.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had the New Year's Eve special of surf and turf. It came with a beautifully cooked filet mingon and two huge lobster tails, a potato croquette, and veg. I enjoyed every second of this meal. Paired with a fine pinot-noir, I was in heaven. The food is always well prepared and of outstanding quality. The decor is fabulous and the serving staff are amazing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TylerGreat
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi Tyson,

Thank you for choosing The Woodlawn Inn on New Year's Eve! We were just thrilled with the full house, the great band and all of the positive comments we received that night. The lobster and filet with the lobster croquette looked outstanding and I'll pass on your comments to the chef and the serving staff. Everyone here at the inn puts their best efforts in, and they will be happy to hear that you had a terrific night! We would love to see you next New Year's or when the occasion calls for the Woodlawn!

Take care,
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the inn whilst on business in Cobourg. The inn is fabulous, cosy, comfortable and a great place to stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, travelling buy myself they were happy to chat and keep checking on me whilst I ate dinner. When the inn was busy with a Christmas party the team suggested room service and ensured I was comfortable. The food was good quality also.
I was also arriving late on my first night and the staff ensured my key was left for me and sent me instructions to get to my room. Great stay. I'll definitely be back!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Louise B
Dear Louise B,

We're glad that you discovered our Inn during your recent business trip to Cobourg! As you know, The Woodlawn Inn is not a large hotel, but more of a boutique hotel with twenty large guest rooms and a great dining room. We love what we do, and we take pride in making sure our guests are happy and well looked after. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to our lovely town.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed with my mother.
The hotel addressed a maintenance issue quickly.
And provided a variant of the breakfast menu Mushrooms for mushrooms on toast. I was surprised they had not heard of it as it is available in every cafe in the UK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew L
SLRShutterbug, Manager at The Woodlawn Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Andrew L from the UK,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review us. I am glad that your mother and yourself had an enjoyable time here at The Woodlawn Inn and we would be happy to have you back with us the next time you are in Cobourg. Thanks for giving us the tip about mushrooms on toast. Its sounds delicious!!

Best wishes,
Stephen Della Casa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
Comfort Inn Cobourg
Ste. Anne's Spa
Ste. Anne's Spa
#1 of 1 in Grafton
Plantation House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Woodlawn Inn? Share your experiences!