We loved the Woodlawn Inn and we would recommend it for a stay over in Cobourg. We had a lovely room on the first floor. It was a cool night and it would have been nice to turn on the fireplace, but the gas had been turned off for the season. However, we did enjoy the lovely atmosphere of the room. We had a very good full breakfast the next morning, which was included in the reasonable room rate.
We decided to eat at the Inn the night before and we really cannot recommend the restaurant, although the service and atmosphere were both excellent. My husband and I had selected different mains and while both were okay , they were certainly not memorable, yet the prices charged for the main courses are quite expensive and would seem to merit better quality and/or preparation on the part of the chef. However, kudos for the wonderful wine selection and delicious dessert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cobourg's Historic District and close to the waterfront, the historic Woodlawn Inn opened its doors in 1988 and today has twenty generously appointed guest rooms. The Woodlawn Inn is perfect for romantic retreats, girl’s getaways, small weddings and business meetings. The highly regarded Woodlawn Inn dining room is open to the public for intimate dinners or for large weddings of up to 100 guests. Within walking distance, there are day-spas, historic homes, shops and one of the most picturesque downtowns in Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Woodlawn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlawn Hotel Cobourg
- The Woodlawn Inn Cobourg, Ontario