All reviews room was clean ice machine will stay there again two double beds complimentary breakfast late check a great place to stay front desk staff highway julia ottawa channels
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed only for one night. Although this is not a brand new establishment, the room and bathroom were both clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff was courteous and efficient at check-in and check-out. The hotel is within walking distance to a few fast-food restaurants. Although we did not have the chance to try the breakfast, the eating area smelled very good as we were rushing out and appeared to be very clean. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2018

This Comfort Inn is typical of others in the Choice Hotels chain. The check in was fast and staff were very friendly. Our room was adequate, however, could use some updating and a thorough cleaning on some of the less obvious parts of the room, i.e. heater/air conditioner and other vents. We also did not like the fact that what appeared to be either staff or friends of the front desk clerk were smoking on the bench adjacent to the hotel entry doors Breakfast options, both hot and cold, were good. Staff in the breakfast area were very friendly and kept everything spotless. These hotels are generally in very convenient locations and serve well as a lower budget option.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CICOBOURG, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your recent stay here at the Cobourg Comfort Inn.
We will be using this information to make changes so we are able to provide all guests with a wonderful experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

My wife and I stayed there while we were traveling back and forth to Kitchener and Brighton. The staff were really nice. The room was clean and shiny. The bathroom was excellent with lots of towels. Coffee in the room along with a microwave and small fridge. The TV could have been better!! Free wifi was a bonus and worked well. 24 hour coffee available. Vending machines were there and an ice machine. Best part was the complimentary breakfast, egg omelettes, bacon, make yourself waffles, toast. muffins, coffee, juice, sweets, fruit etc were excellent and fresh. All at a reasonable price. All they need now is an indoor pool and hot tub. We will stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
CICOBOURG, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your valuable feedback on your recent stay here at the Cobourg, Comfort Inn.
We appreciate your kind words and we are looking forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

This hotel gets to charge $160/night because of their location as it is really close to the 401. However, it is obvious they don't put any of that money back into maintaining the property. We stayed for two nights and, while it was apparent that housekeeping came into the room, it was not to clean. I purposely left a few pieces of cheezies on the floor after our first night, and they remained there after housekeeping had been in. Crumbs remained on the table in the room and the towels were not replaced. I always do a mattress check for bedbugs, and when I pulled back the mattress, the dust ruffle covering the box spring was very dirty/dusty. The window was broken in our room (would not close completely) and the a/c unit has not been updated in the last 15 years. It was dirty and I worried about mold. The breakfast was terrible-liquid eggs and no healthy selections available. And there are only three tables for all the guests of the hotel! I'm guessing they want you to get your food and take it back to your room? Location is ideal but that is it. Also no elevator so you have to carry your suitcases up the stairs.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay at the Cobourg, Comfort Inn.
We are sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to your standards, I have shared your review with our housekeeping department to ensure this issue does not happen again. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to have you back again so we are able to provide you with the best possible service that you deserve.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I had occasion to stay at this hotel with my son's hockey team in September 2018. Rate was $149.99 per night with a minimum 2 night stay. We arrived and checked in without a problem. Our room was a bit musty smelling but other than that it was "adequate". On visiting others in our party, I felt pity for them that their rooms smelled like smoke, sewage AND that musty smell. One family checked out and into another hotel in the area, forfeiting their money. Another stayed one night and drove home for the second night. While looking on Trivago for other hotels, we saw that the one we were presently booked into was going for a rate of $99 per night! With no minimum stay! But we were charged $149.99 per night with a minimum 2 night stay!
On the Saturday around 545pm, I went to the lobby for a cup of tea. There were two of my friends down there. One was hoping to purchase a comb or brush as she had forgotten hers, the other was brought down by the noise that she could hear from her room. There was a woman screaming in the back room! After several attempts to try and get her attention, she finally came out. She yelled at us and said she was on the phone and that her kid came before this place. (Wow, sorry to inconvenience her). She was rude the lady who wanted to find out if they sold combs, and yelled at me again when I said "all you had to do was say you are sorry and how can I help you". I immediately left. The other lady who had come because of the commotion sent her son back to record this woman, who immediately went back to yelling at someone on the other end of the phone! I couldn't believe it. I wrote an email immediately to Choice Hotels/Comfort Inn, and they emailed me back today saying to call them, which I did. After I reiterated the story to them, the gentleman said he was sorry that happened but there was nothing he could do! No discount for a future stay, no kiss my butt, no nothing! Honestly people....look elsewhere. This is not a good choice. There are others in the area who value their guests.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
CICOBOURG, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Cobourg, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

I would like to apologize for the poor customer service you received at the Comfort Inn Cobourg. After receiving your feedback I will be investigated this very unusual situation with the staff member involved. Our staff member should have and often does provide better service to our customers, then the service you received when you arrived. Finally I will be disciplining the staff in regards to your poor customer service which you experienced and which there is no excuse for not providing better service, we are truly sorry.