All reviews hockey tournament room was clean kids loved the pool arthur's restaurant hotel staff very nice hotel nice pool pool and hot tub soup small town dining room bw pub ballroom wedding lisa highway
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019

This was my first stay. The staff were pleasant and helpful. In addition to the onsite facilities and services, the location is close to restaurants, shopping and downtown. It is also close to Hwy 401. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. The furniture and decor were up to date. When booking, they offer a military discount, in addition to many others.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2019

My wife and I from Ottawa went to your dinner theatre last Sunday evening (5 May 2019) at your Best Western Hotel in Cobourg. It was simply outstanding, the evening was great, the buffet meal was so delicious and so fantastic, and the theatre performance "The Fox on the Fairway" was very well done - really enjoyed it. The whole evening was first class, fun and beyond a 5 Star rating. A special thank you to the chef and kitchen staff and all who put on such a great evening. Well done - we will be back. Thank you!!

Room tip: Very nice hotel, we have stayed there in the past, and were very pleased. Lovely rooms, spacious, clean and very quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I attended a play at this location so attained a room so we wouldn’t have to drive an hour home after the play.
The room we got had a queen bed, a wardrobe, a dresser and a desk plus a tired couch. The dresser unit held a fridge behind a cabinet door. It was great to have a fridge but a nuisance to get at.
The dresser drawers kept opening as it was obviously not level.
The hotel was full so the prices were inflated. We paid more for a room last night then we have downtown Toronto.
The absolute worst was the alarm clock next to the bed was set for 6 am unbeknownst to us. Housekeeping should really assure that alarms are turned off. To actually turn the darn thing off required lights to be turned on and I had to jump out of bed just to read how to turn it off. We got up, packed up and left.
Not a great experience for us. Overpriced and minimal amenities. For the price I would have thought breakfast was included.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2019

Big hockey team group. All kids loved the pool and hot tub. Restaurant food was not worth the price. Won’t eat there again. Beds very comfy. Room very clean. VERY disappointing not coming with a complimentary breakfast specially with two kids and have to be out to hockey tournament.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
66038, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Reviewer. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Best Western Plus Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre. We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that all the kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We look to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed March 19, 2019

Every aspect of this Hotel was well done and enjoyable. The property was in excellent condition, the room was the cleanest my wife and I have ever stayed in, and it definitely was not new. In the room the furniture was in the best condition we have ever seen, no scratches or damages what so ever. The rest of the facilities were also clean and well maintained.
Staff we very friendly and accommodating.
We were there for a wedding and the banquet hall was excellent and clean, but the best part was the food, as someone who has attended far too many banquets in my life this was the best food.
I can’t say enough about the best western, Cobourg On