“Better than ever!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cobourg
Breakers on the Lake
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cobourg
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This was my second ``mini break`` at this lovely little hotel........an old friend and I took a little Grandma break, and enjoyed every minuteof it!! The room we had originally booked was next door to one that was being renovated, and the management was concerned that we might find it a little noisy, so upgraded us to one of the Housekeeping units (Number 14) at no extra charge. It was gorgeous, with 2 bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, Jacuzzi tub, and fireplace. Also a lovely view of the Lake from our main floor window. The room was absolutely spotless, and the staff are very friendly and pleasant. We had a nice time walking around downtown Cobourg, doing a bit of shopping, and visiting the bakery!! Altogether a great experience!! This Hotel really is a litttle gem!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank bcundari

Reviewed April 30, 2012

A very quiet location right on Lake Ontario with a private beach. Easy walk to many good restaurants. Motel staff very friendly and rooms are fine. The setting is very relaxing and it is easy to spend time walking on the property or in the large waterfront park next door. Prices are competitive with the boring highway exit franchise inns.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aranawes
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in room #2. The place looked a little sketchy from the outside but I've since decided it looks more rustic and cottage-like. The room was great. 2 beds a kitchenette, table and chairs, tv. The only complaints I have is the fan from the bathroom, it was pretty loud. Also the bathroom got super warm from the light fixture?
Anyways, the room was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in! On a side note, cobourg is lovely. Within a less than 5 minute walk there's a board walk where you can walk around the lake and beach. It was beautiful. Our room was 105$ including taxes and well worth it. It felt more like a getaway than a stop at a big box hotel.
One reccomendation for the hotel is to get a drop box for keys. The office is in the main building and doesn't open till I think 8. We had to leave early and didn't know where to leave our keys... We ended up having to go back to our building and room and leave them in there.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank linkin888
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We spent one night at the Breakers with our infant and two dogs and Room #11 fit everyone perfectly! Our baby slept soundly in his pack n play in the first floor bedroom. (It was very spacious for the pack n play - no need to squeeze it into a corner.) The dogs slept soundly on a comfy dog blanket provided by the Breakers. And we had the loft bedroom all to ourselves. It, too, was very spacious. The kitchen was fully equipped for meals - including a dishwasher! (Not often seen in kitchenettes so this was a welcome change from having to handwash dishes.)

The whole place was spotless. It is evident that the owners and staff take great pride in their hotel. I would totally recommend Breakers to anyone who is looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BushellBasket
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I recently stayed at The Breakers for a week. Its a lovely place and the staff were very friendly and courteous. My room (#10) was great. Kitchen had everything I needed for coffee and a quick breakfast. Bed was comfy and the room had a beautiful gas fireplace. I am sure it is quite a different place in the summer but my March stay was lovely and quiet....just what I needed.

Room Tip: Room 10 is great; more spacious I think than the rest.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Dale1960
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were looking for a last minute getaway for the Feb long weekend and lucky for us The Breakers had a cancellation in one of their best rooms (#10). We snapped it up and were pleasantly surprised by the room's proximity and view of the beautiful Cobourg beach. The room had a double sided gas fireplace which heated the room perfectly. The kitchenette was great and included a real package of coffee so you could make more than one pot of coffee in the morning.

Thanks for a great stay. We look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LisaN11
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Breakers on the lake is the place I would recommend to anyone visiting Cobourg...
Right on the shore of the lake, it is an amazing location, at any time!
The people are so friendly. We loved it!!
The rooms are nice and cosy. Chose one with a view on the lake, it's very nice! Also, they have some rooms with a jacuzzi in them, they weren't available when my husband & I went but we really want to go back to try.
It's a charming place where to spend one or more nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a view on the lake
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SarraSnibila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobourg
Comfort Inn Cobourg
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene
Willowmere Bed and Breakfast

Been to Breakers on the Lake? Share your experiences!