“More than I Bargained For”

Frenchies Delicatessen Charturie
Cuisines: American, Canadian, French, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Colborne, Ontario, Canada
“More than I Bargained For”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I met here for breakfast with a friend to get caught up on some family challenges and share some encouragement. We were the only ones in the restaurant and were impressed with the menu. The food as it turns out is all hand chosen for its quality and our eggs Benedict breakfasts were first class. Regrettably, the owner overheard our conversation and made it her business to join in on our conversation for an extended period. At the end of our breakfast we had to go elsewhere to resume our conversation. Sorry, but I haven't been back since.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank David S

Charlton, ON
“Best Smoked Meat I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm told that all of the food is delicious here, but I can't not get the smoked meat sandwich and fries. I can't eat it all, but I sure try. Frenchy and the rest of the staff are fabulous, and they make you feel like family. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 1birdy1
Cobourg, Canada
“Great Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good food at a reasonable price. Lots of choice in entrees. Try the pulled pork and the desserts are in house made.

Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good crab cakes and friendly folks. Good for a light lunch. Off the main street a half block. Good coffee and tea too.

Visited September 2012
Bancroft, Canada
“Hidden Gem in Cobourg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Frenchies in Cobourg is a hidden gem. On a road trip in 2012, we stopped for lunch in Cobourg and randomly selected Frenchies, per our GPS restaurant selections. The second I saw the menu, I knew this was worth a try. WOW! wonderful menu and delicious food, all made from scratch. My husband had the seafood crepe, and I had the wild smoked salmon salad. BOTH dishes were "to die for". My only regret is that I couldn't try everything on the menu. There are many other interesting selections, such as schnitzel, smoked Montreal meat sandwiches, ruebuen sandwiches, to name just a few. Wine and beer are available. We had a half litre of house white, along with the highest quality of food ingredients of seafood and smoked salmon, for a shockingly reasonable price. Best smoked salmon I've ever had. Texturally perfect and smooth light smokiness. Generous helping. My husband had the highest of praise for the seafood crepe. If you like great food, you must try this restaurant. The atmosphere is casual/deli setting - charming.

• Visited August 2012