“Enjoyable Visit”

Ranked #2 of 7 Cobourg B&B and Inns
Hamilton, ON
“Enjoyable Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2008

I was scheduled to be in town for business and needed to find a place to stay. I settled on this B&B and was very pleased with my choice. The owner / operators, where very hospitable and the house itself has a really nice feel to it. The best way to describe it would be to call it a country manor. Everything about the home feels large, the rooms, the dining room, everything.

I very much enjoyed the meals at the house as well and was treated to a different breakfast each of my two days. My recommendation would be to ask for the Ginger Plum Jelly, made by the owner from her neighbours own plums. One would hope that she asked for permission first, or at the very least shared some of her great jelly with them.

I did have some things that I was not crazy about, for one, I will never travel without my own iron again. Perhaps I just get used to how one works over another, but found I was not able to press my shirts as well as if I had used my own. The other was an issue I brought up to the owner. Although this may not matter to you it was very important to me as I was on business. The issue was the lack of internet on the second floor.

As an IT professional I looked into the matter for her and determined her router could be replaced with a more up to date model which would give access throughout the house. I would have been more comfortable performing my business in the privacy of my own room, but this wasn't enough to have dampened my trip.

I have since re-booked with this B&B and will be there two more times between now and November, and am looking forward to my visit. I just hope they get themselves a new router before then.

• Liked — Room Quality & The Food
  • Disliked — Internet Access
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)