“Impressed again with the food and service”

The Ice Hut Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Cochrane
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Timmins, Canada
“Impressed again with the food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Visited The Ice Hut Bar and Grill again as my experience the first time was excellent. My second visit was also an experience that will have me coming back whenever in Cochrane. I ordered the prime rib and let me say it was perfect. The staff ensures that all of your requirements are met.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Daniel H

London, Canada
“Diamond in the rough town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by the staff at the Best Western near by. I love unexpected finds. From the moment we got there we were welcome with a smile. Had very friendly host Jenna. Her service was one the best i have encountered. She recommended the Beef and it was a great pick. It was served as exactly as i ordered. My team member also enjoyed her full meal too. Then we had desert. The Deep fried Cheesecake was a first for me. I would recommend this restaurant any one coming to the area. We also heard it a great bar after 11 too.

Sudbury
“thank you Best Western desk clerk for pointing me to The Ice Hut for dinner tonight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been in Cochrane for two nights - wish I had foundThe Ice Hut last night! I had the pesto chicken grilled panini and the spinach salad with walnuts, goat cheese, granny smith apples and a very nice homemade berry dressing. It was perfect - been on the road for a while so I needed something that was 'real food', not deep fried fast stuff or subs, and this fit the bill perfectly! Speaking of the bill - I found the main entrees a little pricey, but I hear the quality is worth it and the prices would be fine for a nice social 'dinner out' - as opposed to business travel. But the items I had were very reasonably priced - $16.95 taxes in for a delicious, perfectly grilled (real) chicken panin and a quite large very fresh salad. The host was very friendly, everything is shiny, updated and spankin' clean in the whole place. I worked in restaurants for 20 years and this place, I know, is doing the job right! Best place in Cochrane, I'm sure! :D

5 Thank Colleen H
Chongqing, China
“Great Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Can't really comment on Cochrane itself as we were staying very briefly overnight on a business trip. Thankfully, we were advised to try "The Ice Hut Bar and Grill" for a meal - absolutely superb steak, cooked exactly as requested and served with a good selection of veg. My colleague demolished his meal, so enough said!

Restaurant was fairly quiet, but we were in for an early meal - very friendly service and I would recommend to anyone. Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to return, but that's simply based on the fact that I live 6,000 odd miles away!

1 Thank CQ-Expat
Essex, Canada
“Could be Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Things to improve would be. ADD SOME SPICE. Was very bland. We had the 3 Cheese Burger, no spices, buns were very dry. Fries were crisp but again no salt. Service was not good. We had to wait for everything. Waitress apologized 3 times. She seemed like she didn't really care. Looks like many of the good reviews came from friends of the owner. I would not go there again.

Visited September 2013