“Very clean, convenient, and friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Station Inn

and 1 more site!
The Station Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Cochrane
Toronto, Canada
“Very clean, convenient, and friendly.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I stated here on our way to Moosonee, ON. We loved that our room, the restaurant, and the train station were all in the same building. It's very convenient in the morning!

Staff was friendly and helpful, and service was prompt and efficient. The rates are very reasonable and the rooms are clean and pleasant.

This is a very well-run hotel. If I'm ever in Cochrane again I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2010
7 Thank keili88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

This small hotel sits right above the train station that serves passenger trains to Toronto and to Moosonee, Ontario. It is extremely convenient being able to simply walk downstairs to board your train and we liked that alot. The rooms and hallway were very clean and personnel were friendly. Our room had one double bed and the room was very small for two people which is the main down side to this place. For a short overnight stay it is good but for a longer stay the small room would be not so good.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank SilverStar092
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

I just stayed at the Station Inn and was quite impressed. The front desk staff was friendly, the rooms were adequate and clean. They are starting to redo the decor in the rooms which will be very nice (they had the curtains up already). I would stay here again, no problem. This property is also very convenient.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank lomadaki
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was in Cochrane for the Centenial celebration in May 2010. I had never been in the Inn rooms before and was amazed and pleased with everything. The recetion desk staff was pleasent and helpful. The room was clean and larger than expected. I was there three nights and had no complaints. I read another review and wondered if we were talking about the same location. If in Cochrane again, I will stay in the Station Inn again. I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank Driver98
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

Ontario Northland's Station Inn is literally part of the train station in Cochrane, Ontario. For those traveling by train on the Ontario Northland Railway between Toronto and Moosonee, it is inevitable that a night must be spent in Cochrane.

I was scheduled to arrive in Cochrane around 10:00 p.m. one Thursday evening in early May. Ontario Northland's Polar Bear Express [sic] was, however, a little over four hours late leaving Moosonee and a little over six hours late arriving in Cochrane. (While local reports in Moosonee had confirmed that the train's arrivals and departures have been a little bit more predictable during the last few months, this kind of delay has apparently been pretty common in recent years.)

When I checked into the hotel at 4:30 a.m. I requested (with some reluctance) a 7:00 a.m. wake up call in order to prepare myself for the (scheduled) 8:00 a.m. train departure for Toronto. I settled into my bed a little before five to catch the elusive two hours sleep...

But the hotel had other ideas and I received my 7:00 a.m. wake up call at 6:00 a.m. An anguished call to the front desk provided an unsatisfying explanation to the effect that an earlier power failure prior to my arrival was somehow or other responsible for this snafu. The night manager, in response to my request for a partial rate reduction as compensation for my mistreatment, assured me that the manager would be in on Tuesday and that he would be happy to talk to me then. (Tuesday was five days and at least one country ahead of me at the time.) As soon as I hung up the phone with the front desk, the phone in my room started ringing again. Apparently they were committed to waking me up no matter what the cost.

One other point bears passing mention: When I initially approached my room on the upstairs hallway, I had to pass through a double door with this sign on it: "Danger Do Not Enter No Fire Exit." In my exhausted state it took me a while to comprehend the fact that my room was actually in a wing of the hotel which no longer had a serviceable fire exit. Apparently, the provincial authorities have been given sufficient incentive to look the other way when it comes to the fact that the Station Inn (at least at the time of my visit) was renting rooms without proper emergency egress.

I realize that not everyone who visits this hotel will have this exact experience. So take your chances if you find yourself overnighting in Cochrane Ontario. I can, however, tell you that there is a very new Best Western across the street that looks quite welcoming from the outside. I can also say this is the first time I have ever given any establishment a one star rating at TripAdvisor.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends