The Station Inn
Regal Motel(Timmins)
$66
Travelocity
$95
Super 8 Timmins ON(Timmins)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
Westway Motel(Cochrane)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsparking passpolar bearrooms are cleantrain tripgreat place to staynight's sleepparking lotkeurigconveniencetrackexpresssnowmobilemicrowave
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I recently travelled to Cochrane. Friends of ours suggested that we stay at The Station Inn and I must say that I was extremely impressed with the quality of service we received. The staff was courteous and polite, we immediately felt welcomed. The rooms were not only clean but very comfortable. They offer great rooms and amenities at a reasonable price. After experiencing a true Northern winter's day, we were happy to enjoy a warm complimentary Keurig treat from the comfort of our rooms (nothing better than hot chocolate on a frosty day!).

Overall, an excellent experience at The Station Inn! I would recommend it to anyone planning an overnight stay in Cochrane.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alice M
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed last month, and I must say that we were extremely pleased with the service. The rooms were clean, and the location is ideal (being at the heart of the town). Also, the price for the room was more than decent. I cannot wait until my next visit to Cochrane so that I could enjoy the lovely stay at the Station Inn.

-Talia

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I arrived by Northlander Train (now cancelled) on route to Moosenee by Polar Bear Express Train, which necessitated an overnight stay. Having the hotel in the same building as the station is quite convenient. We booked the room for 2 nights and left our baggae plus some food and wine in the ensuite fridge . This worked well, returning to find all in order and the room made up.
The hotel lobby is in the same common room as the railway dispatch office and passenger waiting room. A large, bright, clean, modernized and busy room.
The hotel/station is conveinently located at South side of Cochrane just off Highway 11. there is large free parking. The hotel / station/ restraunt building is well kept and appears recently renovated.
There is a decent resteraunt in the complex which is closed when the evening train and bus arrive. It is open early in the morning though and busy with travellers, locals, and train and hydro staff. The train does have a good dining/bar car if arriving later.
The rooms are recently renovated with the coneinences one would expect in a $100 + room, and are clean.
Downside, the rooms are a bit small, with the ensuite bathrooms probably expanded at the expense of bedroom area, and as mentioned the dining room is closed in the evening when some passengers are coming and going.
Booking could also be improved .The staff who took the booking was friendly and competent, but had to be phoned separatly as Ontario Northland (where you book the train and who presumably own the station) could or would not book a room or make a connection without hanging up and dialing another number. Also booking on-line or through an agent such as Hotel.com seemed problamatic. There are apparently no discounts for such things as early booking, confirmed booking, CAA, etc.
We walked around Cochrane in the evening . It is a pleasant town and quiet in the evening.
In summary a pleasant experience with the charm and idiosincracies one would expect from a non-chain railway era hotel. Easily accessed from Highway 11/ TransCanada Highway.

Room Tip: If you are a train fan ask for a South facing room toward the yards. If you like quiet ask for a North facing room towards Cochrane.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Garth N
Tracy M, Manager at The Station Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback about our phone and reservation system. We offer a senior discount and a snowmobilers discount; we are currently looking at other discount options and hope to have something in place soon.
We hope you will be back to visit us in Cochrane again!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I thought it was quite interesting to be actually staying right at the train station. The railroad played a huge part in developing our nation, so it was quite nostalgic to stay right at the station! It's also great to see reuse and redevelopment of old buildings, rather than letting them rot and building brand new all the time. The staff was very friendly, the rooms modern and clean and I didn't even hear a train during the night! Would certainly stay here again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Tracy M, Manager at The Station Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Glad you were able to enjoy the nostalgia of the area! We look forward to you staying with us again if you are in our area!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed at The Station Inn. The woman at the front desk was so polite and welcoming. Even though it was snowing outside - she made Cochrane the warmest place on the planet!

Loved the keurig coffee in the room!

Really enjoyed looking out on to the track from my room.

Awesome experience

Room Tip: If you are a fan of trains - be sure to ask for a room on the track side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Tracy M, Manager at The Station Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

We are truly proud of our staff at The Station Inn. We do strive to serve all customers with warm Northern hospitality.
PS We are pleased the complimentary keurig coffee was enjoyed!