North Adventure Inn
$73
Regal Motel(Timmins)
$66
$95
Super 8 Timmins ON(Timmins)(Great Value!)
$85
$87
$107
$87
$117
$114
All reviewsnew ownersnext morningloftwinterfireplacemarcloungesnowpetssaskatchewanhighway
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently stayed here as our first night travelling across Canada. It is dog friendly, a lovely property and the owner is very accommodating. Our only complaint was that there was a hockey team and they were directly above us. The management quickly stopped the noise. I would recommend staying perhaps in the igloo if you need a quiet night of sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 30, 2015

As of Sept 1 2016 , the North Adventure Inn is under new management and I can Guarantee you that our rooms are some of the cleaness in the business. We are working countless hours at trying to meet all our the precious concerns left by customers that had stayed here before. Unfortunately all comments left here before sept 1 2015. does not apply to new management . We are local management now and take great pride at making our customers feel at home, As well as providing them with the cleaness room possible. Have a nice winter. The new management

Reviewed August 27, 2012

5 Years ago we stayed at this Inn and in an Igloo, we found it to be clean and comfortable and we had a great time. However we booked into an Igloo for the Aug.25/26 weekend and what a nightmare. The lobby was dirty and had a musty smell. The grass around the main building and around the Igloos was knee high and when we reached our Igloo out back it was the same way. When I got out of the vehicle I almost stepped on an Ice Bucket (I suppose it was from the room) then when we went into the Igloo I was shocked. The beds were messed us and when my husband moved the blankets to check for bed bugs, a few moths flew out. The couch was full of stains, the fridge was full of pizza and KFC Chicken, the microwave door stood open and had a bowl of something in it, the bathroom was a mess and there were wet towels on the floor. However the absolute worst part was the smell and the black mold on the walls and ceiling. We went back to report to the little lad working the front desk that the room was unacceptable and to give credit where credit was do, he tried to show us another Igloo (not as messy but still smelt of mildew) and some indoor rooms. We knew we were in trouble however when he knocked on the door before he opened it to show us. We read the reviews and did our homework before driving 9 hours to get there and it was very disappointing to encounter the nightmare we did. Thankfully we arrived early enough in the day that we could find other accomodations that were suitable. We travel quite a bit and are not fussy as long as the rooms are clean we never complain but this is an outrage and I don't know how this Inn stays in business.

Room Tip: Do not believe everything you read. If you don't mind a little mold and mildew, leftover food and wet towels then this Inn is for you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank tammyferrigan
northadventureinn, General Manager at North Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Ms. Tammy Ferrigan,

I returned from my vacation on Monday August 27, 2012.
As usual I went on Trip Advisor to see my guest comments, and I read your comments.
I sincerely apologize for your experience at the North Adventure Inn. I agree with what you expressed, and believe me, I would react just like you if I experienced the room condition as you did.
Since yesterday, I have had meetings with my staff and here is how I can explain (no excuse) you the circumstances relating to your experience.
Since past month, all my Igloos are on refurbishing and maintenance schedule, and before I left for my vacation few weeks ago these rooms were placed as out of order or non rentable rooms. I was informed that these rooms were used by the maintenance crew during their breaks. However, for some odd reason the room status was changed in the computer and it was rented out to you. I personally apologize for this error.
As you will notice from the preceding comments on Trip Advisor, my staff and I take a great pride in guest service and guest comfort. I will go distance to ensure that my guests are getting the best possible service along with clean & comfortable room.
Please accept my deepest apology for this unfortunate incident, and please let me know what I can do to invite you back to experience the very best of our HOSPITALITY at the North Adventure Inn.
Thank you for your understanding of this unfortunate event.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Vijay Sharma, the Manager, warmly welcomed my wife and me for our stay. The Inn's restaurant and bar were unfortunately closed but I understand they should be reopened soon. The place is very clean and neat although it would benefit by a good deal of general upgrading and maintenance. It is a very good deal and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew H

Hello Andrew and Jaya,
It was my great pleasure to meet you both.
Thank you for your encouraging words. We will keep on working to improve our property and move along with our capital projects. Next summer property will have noticable changes.
Thank you for visiting the North adventure Inn and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I had gotten married at a cottage on Departure Lake, just out of Smooth Rock. My mother-in-law had booked us the honeymoon suite and it was one of the best experiences we've ever had. Vijay Sharma, the owner, greeted us with an amazingly warm heart. Since we had arrived at 1:30am, after the reception was over, he informed us that we did not have a check out time and we were even offered the room for another night for free since he knew how tiring weddings can be. One of the best things that he had said to us was "Any businessman can make money --- I live for the smiles". We will definitely be returning. I whole-heartily recommend this hotel. Also, the beds were amazingly comfortable...one of the best night's sleeps ever!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clayton B
northadventureinn, General Manager at North Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Clayton and Kristie, glad that you both reached Georgia and hopefully by now recuperated from wedding parties and a long drive home. Congratulations to both of you and we wish you both the best of married life. Thank you so very much for your encouraging words and raising the bar higher for me. Honestly, I have the best rewarding job in the world to take care of my guests and I love it.
Please let me know of your next visit so I get another chance to make your trip a memorable one. I have your pictures around the Igloo; please let me know where to send them.
Thank you for visiting the North adventure Inn and can’t wait to see you soon.
Vijay
PS - I am the General Manager not the owner.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

had a good time, General Manager, Vijay Sharma was very welcoming and helpful, made our trip very enjoyable!! thank you

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Hello Cindy,
Thank you for your very encouraging words. We take a great pride in our service and our guest comfort. I hope all your wedding party enjoyed their stay with us and look forward to seeing you once again at the North Adventure Inn soon. Please let me know if I could be of any service.
Thank you again!