“V ery poor occomodations.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Collingwood
Mountain View Villas at Cranberry
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Vey poor room . Tile missing on floor by fire place. and bathroom floor old and very poor condition. Parking poor. . Manage ment gave us room occupied . Had to go back to get another room. Very dissapointed . Called after stay to complane and never did hear from them. I guess they dont care about your stay.

Room Tip: Very poor Iam dissapointed . Would not stay again or recomend to any one.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jim V

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I found the unit #353 not bad, very cosy, fairly clean and recently renovated. All appliances worked well . Pots and dishes good quality. I was disappointed with the view...mountainview ...can't even see the mountain...looking out the window the only view was the back of the next unit. I found that to be quite depressing. I travel alone , my goal was rest and relaxation, so the view and the space mattered. Also, though I liked the privacy, I was concened about safety...there was no security and I would have liked to see a safety lock on the front door .Staff was pleasant.
I would stay there again if travelling solo.

Room Tip: There is no mountain view
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank jellybean469
Reviewed October 12, 2011

These units must have been upgraded because they are not nearly as bad as old reviews stated. We two active seniors rented this unit through RCI. These are cute little attached bungalows. We were assigned unit 371, a 1 bedroom which was very private. Some have a loft with twin beds as well. The furniture is comfortable and sufficient for 4 people.. The gas fireplace is great for taking off the evening chill. There were 2 TVs each with DVD player, one flat-screen on the wall over the fireplace and one in the bedroom. The bedroom has a queen with upgraded mattress.The ensuite has a 1 person jacuzzi with a shower but we much preferred using the shower stall in the second bath off the living-room. The toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters, dish soap and dishwasher soap was sufficient for the week. They even supplied salt & pepper. Collingwood has 2 good sized grocery stores a few short blocks away and the Walmart around the corner also carries groceries. There is also a convenience store close-by.
The kitchen counter is very small but I had no plans to whip up any culinary delights anyway. All appliances were new-looking and the cupboards were stocked with all the necessary cookware. Surprisingly there was no time-share sales pitch which was a nice change. There is shared access to the next door Cranberry Resort's pools and jacuzzi and you may borrow DVDs from their activity center. The outdoor pool was closed for the season. There is no outdoor hot-tub.
This is a good location for sight-seeing in the area. Collingwood itself has a good museum and great restaurants. Check out the one on Schoolhouse Lane. It looked great but we ran out of time! Midland and the historical Sainte Marie among the Hurons is about 1 hour east. Creemore brewery(15 min south), the fish ladder in Thornbury(15 min west), and the Anglican Church windows of Meaford(30 min west) are worth seeing. Meaford also boasts an indoor flea-market/outlet. There are several recommended scenic drives through the area that are especially nice in the Spring/Fall as this is apple country and part of the Niagara escarpment. Don't forget about Blue Mountain Village which is a quaint ski village with shops and restaurants. The restaurants here with the exception of the Irish Pub are quite expensive. We especially enjoyed the "The Dam Pub" in Thornbury. There are two other restaurants in Thornbury as well, on each side of the river that looked interesting although we didn't try them. This area has enough to keep you busy for 7 days no problem.

Room Tip: If you plan to sit outside, try requesting a unit that does not have your neighbour's A/C as par...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Maberly
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Older reviews are not the best but it seems that these units have gone through major renovations. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The grounds are very well kept. Close to town and malls. We'll stay there again, and again.

Room Tip: Ask if unit has been renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mike V
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed in unit 371 at Mountain View Villas. This is our home resort and we have been coming here for the last 10 years. Unit 371 offers privacy and is fairly quiet.

We found the unit very clean and accommodating. We did all our own cooking and found that the stove and all other necessary small appliances looked brand new and worked well. The microwave over the stove was a bonus because we could cook more than enough on the barbecues and warm up any left overs quickly the next day. There are three large natural gas barbecues in one area for the exclusive use of the Mountain View Villas guests. They all cook well but the one on the right needs some repair work done. The sparker does not work so you have to bring matches if the other two are in use.

The weather was fine for our stay and we took advantage of it by hiking the old railway trail (which is also great for biking), touring Collingwood downtown, visiting the Villages of Blue Mountain and watching the July 1st fireworks on the boardwalk at the end of the Heather Trail (which is across the bay from downtown Collingwood).

We also used the exercise room provided free of charge at the Cranberry Inn. They have a couple of treadmills, stationary bikes, stair climbers and a bowflex. Amenities at the Inn are also available to guests staying at Mountain View Villas which includes an indoor and outdoor pool. DVD's and VHS movies can be borrowed from the small club house located at the outdoor pool. You can sign them out for two days. Bring your own VHS player because they have upgraded to DVD players only.

For the guests who want to keep up with the latest news or watch movies in the evening, there are two TV's, one a large flat screen in the living room and a small CRT in the bedroom. Both have DVD players connected.

Surfing the net and keeping up with email is a no hassle experience because they now provide free wifi service over the entire site (including the Cranberry Inn).

The air conditioning worked well when we needed it. It was a pleasant week when we attended with the temperature in the mid 70's. At night we needed a light coat for the fireworks viewing (not only for the cool breeze off the bay but to keep the bugs away).

The ensuite washroom has a jacuzzi tub with a shower unit and the main washroom has a shower.

There are many things to do in and around Collingwood. One trip we liked was the Wednesday night trip to Casino Rama in Orillia (about an hour and a half from Collingwood). This is not provided by the site but you can ask them at the front desk for the phone number to reserve a place on the bus to Casino Rama. They picked us up at 4:00 p.m. and dropped us off at around midnight. They provide this service several days a week but on Wednesday night, they provide a free buffet at the Casino. Also the round trip to the casino was very inexpensive. An enjoyable evening.

My daughter absolutely loves the La Scandinave Spa which is located about fifteen minutes away from the resort. She has been going there for the last three years and she always books in advance when she knows that she is going to Collingwood. She gets a massage and follows it by some time in the sauna, steam room and hot and cold pools. She spends at least three hours here pampering herself.

I have read some previous reviews dated 2008 and I agree with what they said at that time because I was also here in 2008 and it was pretty bad. But they have done major renovations, replaced TV's and appliances and everything is great now. Adding the shower to the jacuzzi tub was a most needed upgrade.

The only complaint we have is that the pull out bed in the living room where the children slept was very uncomfortable. I would suggest investing more in a comfortable pull out bed. Several hours of your vacation are spent sleeping every night (or day as the case may be) and that can be a deciding factor on where you want to stay the next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank dunedrifter
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We have stayed at Mountain View Villas for the past two years during the Christmas holidays. I am always amazed when I read people's reviews and don't understand why they have to be so critical. Be critical when you have a very good reason to be, not because a few things were off that really would make no difference in most people's lives!! Most of the reviews written here are actually inaccurate which is why I decided to write this review. First off, I have never had someone knock on my door trying to sell me timeshare. If that has been your experience then you must have booked it through a timeshare organization and that is why these people are trying to contact you. If you rent through someone who owns a unit or through the property managment company, I don't believe anyone will be knocking on your door. In fact, it is so quiet there you sometimes wonder if anyone is around! I enjoy this peaceful and serene environment. As for the units being outdated, they have recently renovated all of them (although I am not sure the renovations are complete), and I could already see the difference from 2008 to 2009, even though I didn't have any real issues with the decor in 2008. These units are well equipped, quiet (you don't hear anybody beside you), comfortable and roomy. They are also in an excellent location. It is quiet busy in Collingwood during the holiday season and the location is close to everything, including the ski hills, but far enough away to be in your own little quiet place when you don't want to be in the middle of the hustle and bustle. You may also use all the amenities at the Cranberry resort next door. I haven't, so I can't really comment but I have had their breakfast buffet which was comparable to others that can be found in Collingwood. I highly recommend staying at Mountain View and look forward to vacationing there again during the holidays!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank PDF61
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We were pleased with our stay. We were in unit 377. The room was very clean and some units were undergoing renovation (ours had not yet undergone renovation).

The kitchen tools were top quality (Henckel knives and pots) and we had all the required small appliances (toaster, coffee maker, blender, kettle). There were 3 gas bbq's available for use in a common area, that we took advantage of. The paths between the units and parking areas were cleared regularly; a shovel was in the outdoor unit lock up, which could also store skis and boards. There is limited visitor parking.

Shops are close and actually within walking distance (not advisable in the winter with slush).

Unfortunately, there was no hairdryer in the unit. Gas fireplace was also lovely and welcoming. TV in living room was an LCD, bedroom was an older model.

There was no internet in the unit, however, we were able to go over to the Cranberry resort and use their free access. The pool was not very well maintained. There is a recreation centre that was a short walk away with free DVD/VHS rentals, electronic games (guitar hero, etc) and X country skis and snowshoes available for a nominal charge. There was also an outdoor pool, closed of course for the season.

There was a free shuttle from the resort to the ski slopes on the weekend; we didn't use it.

The unit would have been a little small for 6 people for a week, but for 5 people for 3 days and 2 peope for 4 days, it was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Addison1962
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Days Inn & Suites Collingwood
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Mountain View Villas at Cranberry? Share your experiences!