“Quaint and cosy breakfast place, great location, food was average.”
Review of Cafe Chartreuse - CLOSED

Cafe Chartreuse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Toronto, Canada
“Quaint and cosy breakfast place, great location, food was average.”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I were visiting Collingwood for the weekend. We weren't sure where to have breakfast, so we headed to main street and walked past this corner place restaurant.
We thought the decor and the patio was really nice and cosy. It's not quite the typical restaurant, as you order at the counter, and the wait staff will bring you your food.

The breakfast was pretty good. I had an Bggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon and my husband had the omelette special. Both were satisfying but nothing really stood out with regards to the food. What we did like was the cosy atmosphere. It definitely seemed like a place where people gathered and converse.

I would come back here for the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014

Oakville, Canada
“Disappointing service, breakfast was ok”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I both ordered raspberry pancakes and coffee. Coffee was good, the pancakes were tasty but a couple of them were undercooked and the batter was wet in the middle. The maple butter they came with was delicious. The service was not friendly. Would not come back.

Golden BC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad food but crap service”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We have been twice now with a 3 year span in between. The food was good nothing special though. Very ordinary really. But the girls working the counter were very unfriendly in fact one was rude. Not helpful at all, not polite either. You didn't feel welcome there at all. Over priced for what you get too. We won't be back there

Toronto
“Good Breakfast Choices”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My daughter, my sitter, my niece and myself decided to have a all girls day at the scandinave Spa in Blue Mountain. Since we were leaving Toronto very early at 6:30am my daughter searched and found Cafe Chartreuse which was on our way to the spa. The place was pretty quiet when we arrived and the food looked great. They had specials of the day 1)Spinach and cheese Omelette, Eggs with Bacon or sages all served with home fries and French Toast and freshly based pastries.
The breakfast was pretty ordinary - not flavours that stood out in our omelette. The pastures were fresh. The coffee was disappointedly cool and we had to asked have them replaced. There was one person behind deli counter and she was not in a pleasant frame of mind. We all felt empathy for her and did not complain. But we were in a very good frame of mind as we were about to set onto a relaxing, soothing and nurturing Girls Day Spa-ing. I think we would have been very elated had she appeared cheerful to see us and enjoying serving up the delicious pastries.

Good Food but service could be improved considerably.
Dorothy

• Visited February 2014
“Great breakfast but pricy”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a typical spot we go to when the kids crave "pain au chocolat". I always order the egg white omelette.
Big size and great taste and real baguette to go with it.