“Food is very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating
Stayner, Canada
“Food is very good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Everything is homemade and very tasty. The pork tortierre is AMAZING ! The fruity pancakes for breakfast with the chef's homemade sauce is " too die for" the only dislike is when the cafe is busy, it is a little chaotic.

Visited March 2013

Collingwood, Canada
“Cafe Chartreuse”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The BEST pace North of Toronto in Collingwood--it is where I lalways head for a delicious breakfast!!5 STAR for sure!!

• Visited March 2013
North Bay
“Fresh baked croissants”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The owner of Beild House let us in on this treasure! We were lucky enough to try the freshly baked croissants.... before they were all gone!! They went above and beyond the desccription we had about how good they would be!! This establishment is only open for breakfast and lunch, and, from what I saw, it is THE place to be! I would travel all the way back for those croissants

Visited February 2013
newmarket,Ontario
“We had mixed experiences,Depending on who is doing the service.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The first time we tried Cafe Chartreuse,we had a lovely lady serving us making a special sandwich for my daughter,the food was home made,she went out of her way to make my daughter enjoy her meal. So we went back as a family looking for the same experience.The server who helped us was very unfriendly,was not willing to do a sandwich to please the kids,just offered what was available on the menu,which ruined the whole experience we where looking for. Disappointing and never been back again. The food is good and consistent but the service depending on who is serving.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good food but service needs to be explained”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

As someone who visited this place for the first time, it takes some time to figure out how to get food and service. We walk in, notice that you grab your own table and we do so. See people walking around with black aprons on but don't give us eye contact or greet us. Ok... now realize they are young teenage boys who are simply clearing the tables. We see the counter and a blackboard at the back. We order from the lady who stands below the "Order here" sign. I order a (it's wonderful) chicken caesar salad wrap on whole wheat with the salad combination. She tells me to chose a salad from the refrigerated, glassed-in counter beside her, which other patrons are standing in front of- so I walk over, try and peak past other customers who are waiting to pay and then walk back around those patrons to the lady taking my order. In the meantime, she has begun taking an order from someone else?? I give her my order, she puts the salad (grilled veggies- also lovely) and puts it on a plate and directs it to me. Do I pick up this plate without my wrap? I ask her what I am supposed to do- she asks me if the order is finished, I tell her I would like a cappucino- she tells me drinks are ordered down the line. Again, do I take the plate with my salad order but no sandwich with me? Again, she tells me is the order done and I point to my husband to give his order. So I am now holding my plate with the salad- do I sit down and they will bring me the sandwich or do we wait in line to pay and what about my cappucino?? So we wait in line, I order my cappucino, let my husband wait in line to pay and I sit down with my large plate with salad. I assume because we have a number that sits on the table, they will come and find me. However, meantime, I hear someone shout "cappucino" so I get up from the table and go get my cappucino. They then bring me my wrap.
What kind of strange ordering and delivering of food is this?? Can perhaps the "order here" person tell patrons how it works? And why do you bother to give a half empty plate, that I have to carry with me, then order my drink separately, then pay (no trays or anything so not sure how everyone balances all these??) and then walk up and get my drink.
Might I suggest: When people order- let them order everything (drinks included) and then explain to them that they should pay and THEY will bring you all your food to your table!!
The food was good but this whole set-up was a disaster... ok, I am exagerating, but really- am I the only one that feels like that was the most disorganized service ever??!

• Visited January 2013