“Amazing Food, Bad Experience”
Review of Cafe Chartreuse - CLOSED

Cafe Chartreuse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have been eating at Cafe Chartreuse for the last 6 years. Generally we love the food. The chef is wonderful. We look forward to having breakfast or lunch there at least once a week.
Unfortunately on our last visit the staff was very rude to us. We ordered a sandwich which was on their board of daily specials. When the sandwiches arrived, they were quite different from what was described on the board. My husband went up to the counter to tell them about the sandwich, he was told quite abrubtly that it's not their fault! The board is made up the night before, and sometimes they run out of ingredients. What does he expect them to do about it! He told them all he wanted to do is point it out to them, and that next time, they should let us know that what they are seving us will not be as described on the board. Well if looks could kill. My husband decided to let it be and returned to the table to finish our lunch. We then saw the watiress approach the owners and obviously tell them what happened. A few minutes later she stormed by our table, very angrily slapped down the money we had paid for the sandwichs and disappeared into the back of the cafe. Who needs this kind of attidude!! We finished our lunch returned the money, and I will never eat there again!!!!!!

Very,Very Disappointed.

1  Thank UptwnGrl

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great coffee, ambiance and pastry. Didn't try the food.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a nice cafeteria style sit down place for a quick bite. I like the atmosphere being casual with different seating options (ie. sofas for a coffee and book or tables for a meal). I like that the food seems to be prepared fresh and made from scratch. They also sell food that is frozen so you can take it home to enjoy.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The food at cafe chartreuse is very nice, the price is normal, and the place is quite nice on the inside...but what really got me is the service, Clearly the boss, --not to customers, but to fellow employees, i was disgusted by the things that went on, and other things that i have heard about this cafe. As much as the place is nice, and the food good, i cant support a business that promotes such rudeness. Especially in such a nice town as Collingwood.

4  Thank jessica s
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We come here whenever we go to Coloingwood and this is the first time we were not really over the top happy with our breakfast.

The egg white omletttes were oily, my wife's latte was dark and bitter (the remake was correct) and the service was very slow.

The potatoes were very good, and although we didn't order them the blueberry pancakes and the French toast looed great.

We will try it again this morning, but I won't be allowed to enter another review for a few weeks since Trip Advisor limits the frequency of reviews on the same restaurants.

I would still try this place, because the alternative breakfasts spots in the village are way worse.

3  Thank michaelbeetoronto