“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Azzurra

Trattoria Azzurra
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eatery serving refined Italian cuisine with a focus on local ingredients & fine wines in a homey, elegant atmosphere.
Alliston, Canada
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My sister and I dined here after reading positive reviews. Service was very slow to start but improved as people left and they became less busy. The food was excellent. My sisters duck was cooked perfectly with wonderfully crispy skin. My pork was so tender and the gnocchi was awesome. We vowed not to eat desert but they have a sampling trio you can select and who could turn down Lindt chocolate ice cream? Glad we didn't turn it down. That and the tiramisu, the lemon desert and the creme brûlée were all amazing. Topped off with a cappuccino and it was a meal to remember. Excellent.

• Visited June 2013

“Excellent, as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I dined at Azzurra last Thursday evening. The service was outstanding and our meals were outstanding. Great portions with incredible taste. We are never disappointed at this wonderful restaurant!

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

They have a Pranza dining experience where you have 6 or more friends ( I think up to 30+) They have 2 menu options that are both reasonable. It is served Family style dining on platters and the food just comes out in waves. Amount of food is always more than enough and service is always excellent. If you are looking forward to trying something different for a birthday or special occasion this is a must try. I promise you will be delighted!!!

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great, friendly service, not-so-great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I just ate here. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. I love Italian food and was a little disappointed especially after reading all of these amazing reviews. We use Trip Advisor for hotels and restaurants and judging by the reviews it seemed this place was a good choice so maybe we went on an off night. The pasta was under-seasoned and overcooked. We saw other peoples meals and they looked tasty. Portions are a good size--just the taste wasn't great and I don't think we would ever go back.

• Visited April 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
“drinks, apps, desserts...fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I went and had a very lovely time. We went too late and caught the last set of a trio. They were good as were "their people". the staff was fantastic. I felt like they just couldn't do enough to make us comfortable. I knwo it's a silly, small thing...but I rpefer regular tables; I'm not so comfortable at high tables - but somehow, I felt really cozy there. I know. It is a small peculiar thing. But it is like that when you're out. The smallest thing could keep you from really loving a place...I thought it would be that...but, it wasn't :)
Next time I'm in town - I will definately return.

• Visited June 2012