“Excellent!”

Ranked #24 of 123 Restaurants in Collingwood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were a group of 10 ladies enjoying a getaway weekend. By chance, we stopped at this restaurant for lunch and we were amazed of the good quality and impressive home made flavors of the food!
Highly recommended!! sorry there are closed on Sunday!!!

There are newer reviews for Tesoro

Reviewed March 29, 2014

By far the best Italian restaurant in Collingwood. We have lived in Collingwood for six years and tried many area restaurants - we continue to return to Tesoros over and over again because of the food and service. Great pizza, towering lasagna and coffee. Great atmosphere and have never had a bad meal there. The crowds on week nights speak for itself - a Collingwood treasure for sure.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love the all natural approach to food at Tesoros!!and of course their Tiramisu is the icing on the cake:))

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stood waiting at the door as two servers ate at the bar. Finally one of them came over to greet us, but before we sat she went back and finished her food.

As a first time customer I had heard great things about the restaurant, but after ordering the "seafood" pasta I thought it was quite tasteless.

Our server unfortunately seemed disinterested which didn't help the overall experience.

Will I go back? Not in a hurry.

1  Thank Junebug0606
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I visited Tesoro on February 18th 2014. We made reservations for 8:30pm. It was a little difficult for our GPS to find the restaurant as it is located at the back of a parking lot area. When we got inside we were showed to our seats which was to the right of the entrance, almost in a doorway. We were disappointed in this table choice as there was a number of empty tables that were not located in the doorway. We weren't going to asked to be moved as we don't like to be difficult customers, but then decided to move because it was a special occasion and we wanted to enjoy the evening. The waitress was accommodating and very friendly about the table move.

We ordered classic Bruschetta to start. I also order a glass of Valpolicella wine from France. When the wine arrived it came in a glass that looked like an orange juice glass. I was really surprised as all the tables around us had wine glasses and I could see wine glasses at the bar, so they obviously had not run out of wine glasses. Now we are not rich, I ordered the cheapest glass of wine on the menu as we has agreed upon budget for the evening. Maybe I don't know about wine and this particular wine is supposed to be served in a juice glass? But it really felt like a slap in the face and an embarrassment when I received wine in a juice glass. I was too embarrassed to ask why this was happening, but it really felt like we were being centred out for being "cheap".

The Bruschetta was pretty good. We ordered Fettuccini Carbonnara and the Chiaro Pizza (mozzarella, basil and tomato) for our entrees. The pizza was salty and only so so, but the pasta was AMAZING.

For dessert we ordered two cappuccinos and a plate of biscotti. Both were good especially the classic almond biscotti.

Overall we had a pleasant evening. I am not sure about the wine in a juice glass thing, maybe I just don't know enough about wine? I just thought it was weird. I would recommend the pasta over pizza. The atmosphere was nice and the server was pleasant. The prices were middle of the road. I would not say that we're dying to go back, but I wouldn't be opposed to going back either.

1  Thank courtneysarah86