“Great food and service”

Santini's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: For an unforgettable experience in traditional Italian food and relaxed dining - discover Santini's Ristorante in downtown Collingwood. Enjoy a drink by the fire, dine in the spacious restaurant or for large groups, ask about the intimate private dining room (with fireplace) and banquet hall. Taste the difference. Our wood fired pizza and mouthwatering desserts have to be tasted to be believed. Custom catering and home delivery also available if you'd prefer to have Santini's come to you. Discover the Santini's Experience today! View the menu online. Located at 61 Hurontario Street in historic downtown Collingwood. Only 10 minutes from Blue Mountain Ski Resort. 5 mins from Scandinave Spa.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We happened by this restaurant looking for a comfortable place to eat during a long travel day. We were pleasantly surprised.

The restaurant was not crowded at 5:30 on a week night. Service was great. The waitress even suggested a non-alcoholic beer when I mentioned I was driving and could not enjoy a drink. The chicken strips in mushroom sauce served with asparagus, beets, fresh green beans and potatoes was delicious and served in more than ample portions.

The décor was up-to-date, clean, pleasant, and relaxing. With high-back leather chairs and linen napkins.

I rarely make it to this area of Ontario, but would definitely to return to this restaurant if I had the opportunity to do so!

2  Thank Evelyn49
SantinisRistorante, Manager at Santini's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for visiting us.
We're so glad you had a pleasant meal after your long day of travelling.
Please come and visit us again next time you are in Collingwood.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at Santini's Restorante. The atmosphere was stylish and the food was great. The apps, pasta dishes and deserts were presented beautifully and tasted just as good. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because they don't offer a children's menu. However this would not affect many diners and they did offer to do half portions for the kids. We will definitely be back during our next trip to Collingwood. Great place.

2  Thank CANTRAVELS
SantinisRistorante, Manager at Santini's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for your review.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We dropped in on a Friday evening and were fortunate to be given a table without a reservation. Dinner started off with delicious bread and olives. We shared the caprese salad which was perfect. My wife had the veal and I had the lamb chops. Both meals were excellent with a nice selection of vegetables. There was no starch on the plate, but we didn't miss it.

The service was friendly and professional and the ambiance is elegant but not stuffy. It can be pricey, but there is also a selection of pastas and pizzas that are very reasonable. We felt that the price was commensurate with the quality. This restaurant is a really fine addition to Collingwood and incomparably better than any chain restaurant. We can highly recommend it.

3  Thank Matthew M
SantinisRistorante, Manager at Santini's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

The pleasure was all ours.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Full disclosure: I have history with Santini's long, long before this Italian-menu restaurant opened its doors in Downtown Collingwood recently.
Flashback to the mid-1970s when this Hurontario Street property housed the best Chinese food restaurant in Collingwood: the Bamboo Terrace.
Back then, working in Collingwood and the Georgian Triangle area I often ate Chinese there, or got take-outs; as well as taking our taste buds to try other restaurants in Collingwood and district. Once, as tourism continued to grow as an industry (thanks in particular to nearby Blue Mountain Resorts) I counted 108 restaurants in Collingwood and area.
There are more restaurants per-capita in this town of 19,500 population than in comparable-sized municipalities.
So the competition for a diner's loyalty and her, or his, meal purchasing has been very stiff for about 30 years in this town on the shore of beautiful Georgian Bay.
Tourism growth continues hand in hand with this area's reputation as a four-season's destination and we continue to see new restaurants opening in Collingwood and area.
Enter Santini's Ristorante.
Bravo!
The owners started with a very small restaurant in a separate location in Downtown Collingwood where Zencha Tea Room once served customers. Zencha's became Heron (I think Heron Gate), another tea room and that was replaced by new owners who started a small restaurant there. In summer, that restaurant was a joy because they had a delightful, small sidewalk patio outside for patrons.
Then came the big move and the bigger Santini's restaurant.
Santini's Ristorante opened north of the smaller restaurant and now Santini's has two locations.
The larger, most-recently-opened, is across from Collingwood's former Post Office building, which still serves as a federal building and has amazing architecture (patterned after the state financial building in Havana, Cuba). That's just south of the Loblaw food store, on Hurontario Street.
One of my friends, Bill Nicholson, had raved about Santini's Ristorante and Nancy and I went there last weekend with a couple of friends.
Bill was correct. It was worth the visit.
I had dropped in earlier in the day of our visit to reserve a table and was impressed with the décor. I remember the flashing red-and-gold of the Chinese restaurant. All of that has been renovated to bold black-and-white, some might say avante-garde. (Or, is that avante-guard?).
Anyway, on with the food.
Kristina took my reservation for four and indicated that we would sit at the last-available table for a 6.30 p.m., sitting: a table for six. I did not mind and away I went.
The four of us arrived on time and the hostess ushered us to another table as Kristina welcomed us and indicated that she had found us a table for four. It was on the higher level where ample light from a west-facing window illuminates that part of the restaurant.
Lucy was our server and she was prompt and professional at every turn.
Santini's Ristorante offers a vast menu as well as specials.
We had "mix bruschetta" which at $9.00 for the order provided three bread slices, each topped with a different item. I cut them all in half and that went quickly. Tasty!
Bar drinks for my wife Nancy and one of our friends added $6.50 each to the bill and glasses of for my friend's wife and me added another $6.50 each.
One of my friends has a generous cesare salad and that was $9.00.
Then came Penne Arrabbiata - black olives, chicken, tomato sauce and a touch of chili - for one of my friends. I know that he likes sausage in his pasta.
"Does that have sausage in it?" I asked well within earshot of the server Lucy.
Quick as a wink, she pointed out that Penne Arrabbiata does not contain sausage. This lady knows her menu, I thought.
My friend stayed with that order and that added $14.50 to the bill.
Our other friend ordered Penne Apollo. It sounded out of this world with penne pasta with chicken in cream and arugula pesto sauce. Our other friend enjoyed every bit of it and that added $16.00 to the bill.
I ordered Tagliatelle, that day's special. That pasta arrived with scallops in a tasty sauce. I enjoyed every bite and that added $17.00 to the bill.
My wife ordered a meat special, stuffed chicken. When it arrived it looked delicious and there I was without a camera! She enjoyed every bite and offered me the last bit of a very generous portion. I wolfed it down, unashamed, and her order added $28.00 to the bill.
I provide the prices because everybody wants to know what things cost.
Our total bill was $151.30, not including tax. We don't dine like this every day, but when we do we like to know that things were perfect from surroundings to service, food to being made welcome.
Happily, I can say that it was all worth it. We passed on dessert, but there were some lovely offerings.
Surprisingly, this restaurant doesn't rush you. We arrived at 6.30 p.m., chatted over drinks until our meals arrived. Chatted some more and then as we considered dessert, Lucy our server said "don't rush". We were made welcome to stay. We left about an hour and a half after we arrived. Thanks Lucy!
During our visit I noticed that every table was full and some changed customers while we were there. We'll go back another time to try other things. I noticed that at the front of the restaurant there's a seating area with armchairs - sort of coffee shop-ish - and some people were having their dinner there. I prefer the higher tables and the straight-back chairs. But all who visit Santini's might agree with my friend Bill and now me: It's well worth the visit.
Santini's offers lunches, dinners, take-outs and the owner also does catering; the latter, he has been doing in the area for years. They can handle a group too in a private room.
The number of restaurants in Collingwood continues to grow. Just today, I saw that another breakfast place is promoting its opening. Elsewhere, south of Santini's, an old building is facing renovation to house - you guessed it - another restaurant; one with some affinity for the community's history.
In a tourist-oriented town, where it's also important to build a base with local residents, Santini's Ristorante is a credit to Collingwood and delighting our taste buds. I predict Santini's will continue to attract a following from near and far.
Soon, they might be delighting your taste buds as this downtown building continues to provide accommodation to a history of restaurant excellence.

1  Thank George C
SantinisRistorante, Manager at Santini's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for such an informative review. Some great information, and history of the Collingwood area.
We love being part of the Collingwood Downtown. The local businesses and people have humbled us with their support and loyalty.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
We appreciate you visiting Santini's Ristorante, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Friends from Toronto highly recommended this brand new restaurant to try. So we made reservations for the end of the skiing vacation. When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a friendly hostess. Seated to the table with comfortable chairs and plenty of space between each table. My wife was pleased we could have a conversation without everyone hearing it. That's a bonus. We ordered appetizers and wine prior to our meal. We savoured the moment of our last night in Collingwood enjoying a romantic dinner. After a relaxing glass of wine and fantastic mussels we ordered our entrée. The staff and server made you feel like you were part of their family. Great atmosphere. I really enjoyed the lobster and my wife loved the mushroom tortellini . The salads were fresh and crisp. Portions were large. Unfortunately we were too full for a decadent dessert. Café Latte completed the dinner. We hadn't finished our meal when we decided that we were definitely coming back. Next time we will make this a family outing and have everyone experience this great place .
Bravo!

1  Thank smithr2
SantinisRistorante, Manager at Santini's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for coming to see us at Santini's.
We're so happy that you and your wife had an enjoyable night out.
We look forward to seeing the two of you again, and perhaps your family as well.
Buon Appetito!