“My son's wedding”

Days Inn & Suites Collingwood
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
LouisM88, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Collingwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here on business a few times. Good staff, nice quiet clean rooms. Hotel is close to everything, restaurants, grocery store, theater, etc. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is just ok, quick cup of coffee & toast. I wish they would at least put out some yogurt.
The only downside is no coffee in the lobby. Overall, good place to stay, I would recommend the Days Inn.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hacksawCanada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Many things about the hotel were great -- location (short drive from Blue Mountain & Scandinave Spa), furnishings, friendliness of staff. I particularly liked the deal they have where if you buy a Scandinave pass from them, you get a 10% discount on your room. But, I don't know if they were having an off-week or what, because there were too many problems for my liking in just a 2 night stay. To be clear -- the staff was immediately responsive to the issues and always cheerful. But it felt like too many snafus for the length of time I stayed.

When I checked in, I discovered my toilet didn't flush. Front desk staff came up immediately and fiddled with it, then went away briefly. She came back and used a rubber band to fix it, and said it was working again. Next time I went to use it, it still didn't flush. At that time I was moved to a different room.

The second night, I came back to the hotel late in the evening and neither of my key cards worked in my door. (They had been stored separately, so I don't know how they could've both been demagnetized.) Staff fixed them right away, but it was a hassle for me since I was carrying a large load of items that I had to leave in the hallway while I went back down to the lobby.

When I did get into my room, I discovered that housekeeping had never come that day. I called down to the lobby to double check that they really do have daily housekeeping -- they do, but my room had been neglected. Staff offered to bring me anything I might need, but I was too tired.

I also slept poorly due to room getting too hot & large trucks or construction or something going on outside in the morning.

I don't know if I would stay again. It's a nice property, but after having that many things go wrong, I think I'd just be wondering what was going to happen next. There are so many good reviews on here, that maybe they had an off couple of days, but my experience was less than overwhelming.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 11 in Collingwood
Cranberry Resort
Cranberry Resort
#5 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Days Inn & Suites Collingwood? Share your experiences!