“Great hosts!”

Mariner Motor Hotel
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed July 23, 2009

A group of about 30 of us stayed at this motel for the first time last weekend. I feel that Rox, the new owner warmly welcomed us and went out of his way to ensure that our stay at his motel was favourable. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was abundant. Thanks Rox!

Judy Martens

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed July 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mariner around the same time last year, In town for the Wayne Gretzky Golf Tournament. We had a really good experience last year and decided to stay here again. We booked the 1 room they had that had a kitchen in it. Which was very important for us. We arrived on July 5th expecting to stay for 7 nights. I noticed it was not the same husband and wife owners as last year which was fine until It came to filling out the paper work. As I was filling out the papers the owner asked me if there is a room that I'd prefer to stay in. And I looked at him thinking he was half kidding but to my surprise he wasnt. I told him I'd like the room that I booked!! He told us that unfortunately he has given our room to someone else!! He said they checked in that morning and decided they would like a room with a kitchen in it as well. And so they gave away our reservation. I told him he was very unprofessional and that he should be throwing them out of the room and telling them he has made a mistake. He was not cooperative so we decided to take our business elsewhere and ended up staying in Blue Mountain for a fraction of the cost. I wouldnt give this place business if it was the only Motel left standing in Collingwood, I'd rather sleep in my car! He nearly ruined our entire week long vacation. I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone and anyone who says the place has lost its charm is 100% correct. There are tons of other great motels and hotels in Collingwood for even cheaper rates and they know how to treat there customers.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laura_008Toronto
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Stayed one night in June and very disappointed that motel lost his charm with ownership change. Rooms are not clean, no breakfast, very bad service. Previously I stayed in this motel few times through skiing season, loved this place and recommended to friends. Michael and his wife Natasha created amazing atmosphere of hospitality that now is gone. I miss this amazing couple who made me and my girlfriend feel like we are their personal guests. I have regrets that I didn’t write review earlier to tell Michael and his wife how much we appreciated their loving care. I hope they will read this review. Steve

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank svstevev9
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We recently stayed here one night on the strength of previous reviews. Big mistake. This is a tired, worn, less-than-mediocre motel. Staff were indifferent, 'included' breakfast nowhere to be found, and our room was not clean- lots of little hairs everywhere. If you are staying in Collingwood, book somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank olly222
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We have stayed at this motel for years to attend an annual "golf with the guys weekend". It was always a great place to stay, clean, great breakfasts, friendly staff. However, this motel recently changed hands and the new owners are very poor. The place was dirty, the staff didn't offer to help with anything, they couldn't even process a mastercard without our help, the breakfast that used to be great was non existant. Another couple refused to stay the second night and moved to othe holiday inn.
Do not even bother to book - find alternative accommodations to save yourself grief.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank BalancePoint
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My son and I stayed at the Mariner, during March Break, for a few nights, as he wanted to tag along with "dad" to see what I do... We had a wonderful stay, and this was his first impression of staying at a Hotel as well. He really enjoyed it, even though it was a work trip for dad, and he helped as much as an 11 year old can help.. it was enough to tire him right out! Beds were comfortable, and the owners were wonderful to talk to. They made special concessions related to parking, so they could keep an eye on my vehicle full of chocolate bars! Breakfast was great, with plenty of juice. Breakfast comes with the great room rate.

I'll be staying there again, when I have to go back to that area, for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Skypeeper
Reviewed March 27, 2009

My family and I were impressed with the Mariner. Great rate, clean room and friendly service. We would not hesitate to endorse this little gem . We will definatly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
3 mi away
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain Inn
Blue Mountain Inn
#6 of 8 in Blue Mountains

Been to Mariner Motor Hotel? Share your experiences!