“Terrible”

Pleasant Manor Motel
Pleasant Manor Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Collingwood
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If this motel was someone's home, it should be condemned. I was looking for the least expensive motel I could find in Collingwood, as I was arriving at 10pm and would be leaving at 7am - I only needed a bed.

First, it should be noted that this motel really isn't in Collingwood. It is on a highway outside of what anyone would consider to be the town.

The room I stayed in was barely bigger than the bed that was located in it. The walls needed significant repair work, and the room was absolutely freezing. Naturally the baseboard heater didn't work. The phone in the room was from the Sheraton in Toronto, and didn't offer a way to call the motel office. I discovered that the key I was given could not even be used to look the door, and you had to manually lock the door from the inside, before closing it (which could have been a problem since I had unknowingly left the room unlocked when I drove into town to get dinner, with my possessions in the room).

The internet connection was absolutely terrible - fortunate that it was complementary. However, I ended up using my cell phone as a hot spot. After unsuccessfully trying to sleep in the freezing cold for an hour, I decided to take a warm shower. About five minutes into my shower, the fire alarm started going off in the room due to the warmth of the shower. Never experienced this in my life.

I could go on about the people loitering outside of my room all night (due to the paper thin walls, I was aware the one of the individuals had just gotten out of prison and was looking to find any form of employment in Collingwood for the summer), or how the infant child of the motel owners was still awake and running around at 11:00 pm, but it would accomplish nothing.

After checking out of the motel the following morning, I had a function to attend during the day. After returning home, I discovered that I had left my travel bag at the motel. I called them up, and advised them that I live several hours away, but would be in Collingwood a few weeks later, and asked if they could hold it until a certain date. They told me this was no issue. At that point, I decided against sharing my view of the motel with anyone since they were at least kind enough to do this. The day before we had agreed I would pick up the travel bag, I called the motel, to discover that they had thrown it away weeks ago, because I hadn't claimed it. I realize leaving the bag was my fault, but it was totally within their power to help me out here, and they refused.

There is nothing about this motel that I could recommend to anyone. AVOID, even if cost is your only concern!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
14  Thank Jonathon G

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Booked 2 rooms and stayed for 1 night with my kids. Close to Wasaga Beach and cheaper than other motels in Wasaga. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Good WiFi, TV, minifridge, microwave and beds. Asked for extra bath towels...staff was very accommodating. Window A/C worked fine. The rooms are outdated but clean and great for a good night sleep. Nicely kept grounds and very quiet area too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Homebound12
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This motel was very disgusting. We were suppose to stay here and the place was completly misrepresented on the bookings.com site we used. The rooms were dirty and the office smelled bad. l would not recommend anyone ever stay here.The staff was very rude with us when we questioned about the rooms and lack of cleanliness.We left there and immediatley went elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Tammie B
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very dated rooms. Musty smelling and nights bugs get into your room from the floor. We had to leave asap.The owner was not going to deal with my wife with this issue. I had to go to the front desk to demand our money back. Not worth the money even if it is cheap.

8  Thank Scott B
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed on this hotel after a biking trip. It is one of the cheapest on the area and has all the basics we needed. The place was very clean, quiet, the owner was friendly and the bed not too hard. The rooms are a bit updated and the heater didn't work however we didn't need it so we didn't ask the owner to fix it for us. I think is a good option if you are in the area and don't want to spend a lot of money. Most of the hotels in the area double the price of this hotel.

1  Thank AmtheExplorer
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at Pleasant Manor for the night after a wedding, and we only booked based on price. We weren't prepared to spend $200 a night, and fully prepared for a "bare bones" experience. The gentleman at the check-in desk (owner) was friendly and helpful. Our room was small, old and outdated, but clean. We noticed upon arrival that there was no deadbolt on the door, but simply a rinky dink push-button lock. The door frame had a very large crack in it, obviously the result of a previous break-in attempt that wasn't ever fixed. The heat did not work, and we huddled up the entire night, freezing. All in all this experience wasn't terrible, but really we probably could have slept in our car for free and been only slightly less comfortable. You definitely do get what you pay for, as they say.

1  Thank Tracy K
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked this motel for my family, We booked three rooms. Rooms were very clean comfortable stay, toilets were clean .Owner and his wife were very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this motel to all those, who do not won't to spend much but like to have neat and pleasant stay then Pleasant Manor is a Motel for you and your family. I give this Motel 10 on 9. I will book this Motel again, whenever we will make trip to Blue Mountain.

Room Tip: All rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank neelima b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Comfort Inn & Suites
Mariner Motor Hotel
Mariner Motor Hotel
#8 of 11 in Collingwood
Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain

Been to Pleasant Manor Motel? Share your experiences!