“Unexpected”
Review of TheSmoke

TheSmoke
Reserve with OpenTable
TheSmoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TheSmoke has taken BBQ to a Whole New Level. From traditional award winning BBQ such as succulent Smoked Ribs, Beef Brisket, Chicken and Pulled Pork to Non Traditional BBQ such as Smoked Trout, Smoked Balls of Meat, Smoked Burgers and Smoked Ice Cream. Everything is made from scratch on the premises from the Chef's own recipes. Recently filmed for the Food Network Show, "You Gotta Eat Here" Season 4, with Host John Catucci, tells you we are doing something right. We have also won many awards, including the People's Choice Award for Collingwood's Taste of The Town, two years in a row. Our menu offers creative BBQ Sandwiches, like a Wild Boar Bacon Lettuce, Tomato and Smoked Cheddar Sandwich (WBBTLC) on grilled Sourdough, to our "Cow Meats Pig" Sandwich (basically and Beef Brisket sandwich on top of their Pulled Pork sandwich. Also voted "Best Burgers" by Days Out Ontario, with their smoked Beef, Turkey or Salmon Burgers, or the Poutine Burger, Pig on a Patty or Wholly Cow. Don't leave out the other mains, like Smoked Salmon, Trout, Wings, Brisket, Pulled Pork and Bacon Wrapped Loaf of Meat. And pick one or two sides from Sweet Potato Fries, Mac n Cheese, BBQ Beans (a 24 hour process to make), Salads and more. In addition to dine in, and take out, we also have take home. Most of the meats are smoked and fully cooked, individually cry-o-vacked, ready to take home and re-heat. From Full racks of Pork Back Ribs, Smoked Burgers, Trout, Bacon and More. Everything is made in house, and full of flavour. Five house made BBQ sauces are at the table to play with, and purchase to take home
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a craving for wings while driving up to the cottage. Decided to try TheSmoke.Our food was great, the service friendly and our server Sarah helped us decide what to get. So many delicious choices! We had ribs and wings, the side dishes were also great. TheSmoke is our new favourite place in Collingwood.

Mississauga, Canada
“Great Food - Great Service”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Last night my son, husband and myself decided to try The Smoke. We make reservations on line via their website (very easy and efficient). We were seated immediately at a table and our waitress Jenny welcomed us and reviewed the menu and the sauces.

We started off with complimentary cornbread and butter. It was delicious.

We decided to order different items so we could have a try taste test experience.

To my son's great surprise it was rib night and he ordered the full rack with Mac and Cheese and baked beans as his sides. They were delicious. He devoured his meal. The only issue he had was the pasta in the Mac and Cheese were penne and not elbow macaroni! The beans came in a wonderful sauce and the ribs were perfectly cooked.

My husband ordered the beef brisket with french fries and coleslaw as his sides. He was delighted with his meal. The brisket was flavourful and moist (no extra sauce), the fries were hot and crisp and the coleslaw was great.

I couldn't decide so I chose the pork platter. The pulled park was perfect - flavourful yet not too saucy or sweet, 1/3 rack of ribs was delicious and a smoked sausage (we all shared) with a green salad and french fries as my sides.

We didn't have room for dessert and we were given a container for our leftovers (which we finished today at lunch - yum).

We will be returning in the near future. We are already thinking about what we are ordering the next time.

• Visited August 2014
Toronto
“The Art of BBQ”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've been fortunate, very fortunate to have sampled BBQ at some of North America's really good joints, from the deep south, the mid-west and most places in between.
I'm pleased to report you don't have to buy a plane ticket to enjoy real good BBQ in Collingwood.

A recent visit to Smoke, my first, met all expectations and exceeded a few as well.

I had the Meatery Platter ($24) containing the Holy Trinity of BBQ - ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket, Also sampled was the pork platter, ribs, pulled pork and smoked sausage at $18.
Each came with a choice of side dish, we had mac and cheese and sweet potato fries.
The fries were easily the best sweet potato fries I've eaten, crispy outside, soft inside, not overcooked in any way. Spot on. Mac and cheese is also good, but you're here for the meat, aren't you??

My platter was ordered without sauce - the table has available the 5 house made sauces to explore, along with a cool little guide suggesting which sauce pairs nicely with your protein.
This way, I can try the meat at it's undressed best.

Winners? Beef brisket, hands down. Great smoke ring, great flavour, pulled apart just right and when paired with the smoky sweet and then the spicy sauces, elevated it to another level.
The pulled pork was also very good - it came pre-sauced with the Carolina mustard/vinegar sauce, not one of my personal faves, so a few points off there.
You'll be disappointed if you expect the ribs to fall of the bone. These don't, which tells a true Q aficionado they are not overcooked. Just the right amount of pull, bones come away clean and dry as they should.

The smoked sausage was a distant third, both of us found it a little dry. Sausage is hard to do, the window between perfect and perfectly dry is a narrow one, maybe an off night? but certainly not serious enough to take away from the pulled pork and brisket.

Biggest disappointment? We arrived too late for burnt ends, already sold out. Next time I call for a reservation, I'm reserving some of these gems as well.

Service was fast, very friendly and efficient. Nicely done Chantalle!

• Visited August 2014
Toronto, Canada
“For serious BBQ lovers only”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

These people have won many BBQ competitions, for good reason. This was my second visit, and I can tell you that this is the best restaurant in Collingwood. You will love the amazing variety of home made BBQ, mustard and vinegar sauces! They are simply divine. The ribs are the best that I have ever had. (and I have been to my fair share of rib fests)
The secret behind the smoke is their electric offset smokers. Since the smokers are off set, you never get that bitter smoky taste like other BBQ restaurants. Only a nice sweet and tender smoky infused flavour. Ask to be seated in Jennifer's area, she made sure that we all left happy.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bren K
Aurora
“Great food and good prices”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We really liked the pulled pork and sweet potato fries. Lots of flavour and good portions. We ate outside on the patio and enjoyed it. It doesn't stay open very late.

Visited September 2013