“Live Music, Slow service”

Harbour Street Fish Bar
Ranked #34 of 145 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: AAA Steaks,Seafood & Pasta, Housemade Desserts Best Fish & Chips in Collingwood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Attended here a couple weeks back for the Aaron McCarthy band performance. Place was quite busy, but service was deplorable. It took us an hour to get a drink. Almost 40 minutes for a server. I’m going to give it another try this coming Saturday when one of my favourite old bands is playing, but I sure hope they get better service standards in place, or more staff, or whatever. No way will I keep going if they continue to drop the ball with service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (264)

Reviewed September 4, 2019

A nice casual atmosphere with entertainment most nights. We enjoyed our fish and chips. The service was acceptable and friendly. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 28, 2019

We went on a Tuesday and they had a limited menu for dinner. Not sure if this was because there was live music. The fish and chips were quite good. The Greek salad was OK but not great. The shrimp for the salad were really good. They have quite a decent wine-by-the-glass list and beers list. Service was extra friendly and excellent. The music (folk) was quite enjoyable but too loud to have any conversation.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

I am a local in Collingwood and thought I would support a local establishment hear and get fish and chips! Well!! the service was terrible and owner was extremely rude and extremely overpriced! There was not enough food to feed my wife and I and two small boys on top of that the fries seem like they were reheated in the fish was so dry it was disgusting as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp! And then when calling back to explain the situation we were turned away by it being our fault! I wouldn’t recommend this to anybody! Total garbage! There are many other excellent places like fish and sips But unfortunately they were not open!

Reviewed August 7, 2019

Every year when we are up in Collingwood, we make sure we visit this restaurant at least once, usually on a Friday. Their fish & chips are generous portions and really good. There always is live music too, usually starting around 8 - 8:30 pm and many times it's blues music, our favourite.

Date of visit: July 2019