“Not impressed!”

Memories Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 125 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Memories Restaurant is an extraordinarily fresh new restaurant featuring a Classic and Nouvelle Cuisine menu to whet ones appetite. Let the two fireplaces set the mood for an intimate dinner for two, family gatherings, or celebrations. Our Executive Chef has created a fresh menu that will tantalize you with delicious surprises, while our service personnel will tend to all of your dining needs! Business Hours Wednesday to Monday 5:30-9:30
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We visited this restaurant this week because we were given a complimentary restaurant coupon from the resort. We have eaten here before and it was OK but this time I was not impressed. Their feature soup was cream of vegetable. It tasted more like puréed broccoli and pot water. It had no taste no seasoning. I had a fish entree and my husband had a pork chop entree. This was a good thing because at 7pm in the evening they ran out of steak. People who were already seated actually walked out because of this. 10 minutes later they ran out of chicken. How can you run out of steak AND chicken! Was this poor planning or a shipment gone wrong? I don't know but this restaurant needs to step it up! Collingwood has a lot of great, unique restaurants and it needs to compete. As part of a major resort in the area, I expected more. I probably won't eat there again.

1  Thank LadyVandBoo

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The beef strip loin was memorable ! Take a table not a booth ...unless you like a low "seat to table" position.

1  Thank DoowopYeovil
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Enjoyed the food, and well presented. Service was prompt, professional and courteous. Menu selection had varieties for even the picky eater.

1  Thank Sammy010111
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I wouldn't normally eat at a hotel restaurant (unless it was particularly good or recommended) but we ate here as we had a 2-4-1 entree coupon!
The restaurant was mostly empty, perhaps only 3 other tables were full at 8PM - odd that we were advised to make reservations in that case!
The food sounds very fancy on the a la carte menu (and indeed on the description on this website), but is not THAT special indeed.
Don't get me wrong, it tasted good and portions were adequate. However, to label one's self as fine dining and charging $26 for a supreme of chicken breast, does not a fine dining restaurant make. We had the garlic bread to start which was pretty nice - with cheese and ciabatta and came with a salad. My husband had the "rack of lamb" - but was slightly disappointed to note that they came served up as chops on the plate. My chicken breast was supposed to be "stuffed with goat cheese" but it remained mysteriously absent save a sliver towards the end.

Service was good though - the servers being attentive and prompt.

The furniture and decor certainly needs an upgrade (sinking into one's sofa in a booth might be cozy for a drink but not dinner!)

I would be pretty disappointed if I paid full price here and wouldn't choose to eat here again - as there are much nicer (and cheaper) options in and around this area.

1  Thank NMTY
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I really appreciated that Memories offers kid's menu even though it is considered a fine dining spot.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal which consisted of two table d'hote menu choices and a main course from their regular menu. We ordered lamb chops off the regular menu and those were delicious! Done perfectly to requested medium with a nice blend of spices and seasonings. Chicken stuffed with goat cheese was also a nice option, however slightly less satisfying than the lamb dish. Trout dish with lemon and herbs was well balanced and tasted great.
Cheese pizza off the kids menu was fresh and a good size portion.
Special note on our server Krista who was great! Attentive, polite and knowledgeable about the menu.