“Favourite Swiss Chalet”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #55 of 125 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Over the years we have eaten in many Swiss Chalets, however, I think that the one in Collingwood is my all time favourite. It is always busy, but the service never fails to be friendly and efficient. I have had many different items from the menu and honestly cannot complain about any. Obviously some are better than others, but overall good. I am sorry to see poor reports about this restaurant as I have never experienced anything but good food and service.
On my latest visit I enjoyed spring rolls and sweet potato fries. They have a wonderful chocolate fudge cake - decadent but delicious.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We went in on a Saturday night late (8:30) with our 2 grandchildren. We ended up with the most dried out rotisserie chicken I have ever had. It was semi cold as was everyones meal. The pasta was an overcooked blob. My wifes hot chicken sandwich was chunks of meat covered with cold gravy. When the waitress brought her dinner she asked if my wife was OK with overcooked fries. Really??!! The service from our waiter was quick and friendly. The restaurant itself was freezing and everyone ate with their coats on. We have been to Swiss Chalet numerous times with much better results at other locations.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

It may only be just chicken....but it is consistent in every locations. Always hot fresh and filling. I always get the Chicken bacon wrap and fries....good comfort food!! Was disappointed in Collingwood that they delivered but did not take debit so I had to leave work and pick it up.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had dinner there one night, with three of our grand -children, during a three day stay in Collingwood. Found the staff friendly and helpful. We always know what to expect in term of food quality. It is a good restaurant for children, it offers a good selection children menu (for children under 12) I especially like that they offered a 1/3 rack of BBQ ribs which I had not seen elsewhere.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The friendly and very helpful staff, their excellent service and of course the hearty meal that we had-----all adds to a great experience. I would definitely go back. Thanks!