“All-around awful”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Long time resident and first time visitor to the Olde Town Terrace and without a doubt we'll never go back again. The service was over-the-top slow, the food was mediocre at best and our waitress, void of personality, waited until we asked for our bill before checking how everything was...by the time we left we were laughing at how bad it all was. The prevailing felling we got from this place was that they really didn't care if we ate there or not, so we'll save them the trouble of ever serving us again.

1  Thank Chris L
There are newer reviews for The Olde' Town Terrace

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My father wanted to take me out for dinner, and I suggested this place as I'd never been there before and wanted something different. I was horribly embarrassed for my suggestion. Once we were seated, it took a long time for our server to come back and take our drink orders. When we finally got our beers, mine was served with a good 2 inches of head on it. After another ridiculously long wait, she returned to take our food orders, which we ordered an appy and our entrees. Again, after a ridiculous amount of time our appy arrived, which was only ok. After 2 hours our entrees finally arrived, again, not terrible food, but nothing special. Our server mostly ignored us, didn't clear our bread basket/appy plates or offer us another beer once we'd finished the ones we had, or even offer us water. I wouldn't even say she gave us bare minimum service. She also kept saying how busy they were, but the place wasn't even full, and there were 3 servers "working"! I watched while 2 tables left after waiting for 20 minutes to be acknowledged by their server.
All in all, we were there for 3 hours, mostly ignored by our server, and partook in only ok food. If you decide to visit this place, make sure your blood sugars are good!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We live in Collingwood so thought we would finally check out this restaurant. Why anyone would choose to go back to this restaurant is beyond me. Service was sub standard but the real disappointment was the advertised great ' lobster fest" ' - it was horrible. No taste - didn't offer sour cream for potatoes or any sauce for the meat. Tasted like a dull homemade meal with absolutely no taste, seasoning or spices. The service was not good - took 15 min for the waitress to take our food order and there was a total of 6 people dining at the same time as us! We were seated beside the kitchen so we had the added pleasure of listening to dishes clinking and music being blasted in their kitchen....same album over and over again. Spent over a hundred dollars for a family of five for a meal that was terrible - live and learn. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and definitely will never go back.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been to almost every restaurant in the Collingwood and Meaford area, and this was by far the most disappointing experience I've had. To begin, my boyfriend and I stepped into the door to a ghost town... there was no one around. It took about five minutes for a staff member to come out and acknowledge that there was a couple at the door. After being seated, it took about ten minutes to see our server again. We ordered lobster and prime rib for dinner. When it came, I was horrified. The lobster hadn't been cleaned- it's insides/bowels were sitting on top of it. It was a disgusting green/brown mixture of slop. The lobster had literally been thrown into a pot and then chopped in half- one half on my plate, the other on my boyfriend's. To make matters worse, the prime rib was a disgusting cut of meat. It was about three inches thick, it took up the whole plate, and there was fat everywhere. Underneath was a measly portion of boiled potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. The plate was covered in food; it looked like a mess and I didn't even know where to begin. It was the strangest thing.

Our waitress never came back to ask how the food was and we felt so awkward with this mess of food sitting in front of us, so we just asked for the bill and got out of there as fast as we could.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

OK, so now you know my Wife's weakness: lobster and Sandie makes makes a great lobster as well as everything else. My favorites are the "Surf and Turf" which has many possible combos and the "Meat Lovers Terrace Platter". What can I say, I'm a carnivore!

Even when it's not "Lobsterfest", the food is great and the prices reasonable. Tell them "California" says hi and Ray will let you sit at our favorite table by the fireplace.

1  Thank TonySidis