“Nice Cafe in Collingwood”
Review of Ashanti Coffee

Ashanti Coffee
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We produce a great tasting coffee "From Farm to Cup" Welcome to The Collingwood Ashanti Cafe! We are pleased to offer you the finest coffee from the Ashanti Coffee Plantation in Zimbabwe, Africa. We also serve delicious sandwiches, wraps, soups and sweet treats. Please stop by our cafe and enjoy a cup of our fresh, locally roasted, fairly traded, single origin coffee.
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I've been coming to Ashanit for quite some time. Whenever I am in the Collingwood area, I tend to stop by. I've been here just for coffee, and sometimes for a lite lunch. My last visit here, was a nice lunch with my wife. We shared a sandwich and a sausage roll, as well as hot beverages. When we ordered, my wife asked for her tea to be put in a paper cup. I asked for a 16 oz latte, in a ceramic mug. When we got our drinks, they were reversed, so I got paper, and she got the ceramic. :-( The food was good. The sandwich was very tasty and well made, plus we had it warmed up on the sandwich press. The sausage roll was just OK. They warmed it up, but it needed more heat and the sausage was pasty, but the pastry was really good. I'd give the roll 7/10. The atmosphere is just like a coffee house. Lots of bright windows, nicely decorated, and homey. You will feel comfortable having a hot beverage here. On a final note, they did ask to 'fix' the beverage issue, but we accepted it as is. Could've been better, but we will be back regardless. It's a good place to go to after a hike on the Bruce Trail.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I couldn't imagine starting my day without a trip to Ashanti. Best service and best coffee in town. Everyone is friendly and genuinely are interested in your day and how it is going.

I have read a few reviews and feel that people who complain about Wi-Fi and not being able to do their work should not be taking up space in a cafe to do their work. It is a privilege to be given free wi-fi. Don't abuse it. And if it doesn't seem to be working don't blame the establishment call the server!! We all know there are problems with servers. At least free wi-fi is offered. Some establishments don't even offer it. If you are so concerned about wi-fi go home and use your own. Also if the counter is full of people waiting to order, it is the employees responsibility to get the customers served, NOT TO LEAVE THE COUNTER BECAUSE THE FREE WI-FI ISN'T WORKING!

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

One of the most delightful spots in Collingwood for coffee or a light meal. This is a haven in which you can slow down and share conversation over delicious coffee. (And the iced coffee is ambrosia!)

Reviewed September 2, 2017

The past couple of times have not be positive. The coffee is decent but the service has been super slow and unfriendly and their internet is crap. It's like they'd be happy if no customer came in - the customers are a nuisance to their business.

Yesterday we went in to work for the afternoon and their wifi wasn't working - I asked to have it reset and the response was. . . "we aren't an internet cafe; I don't have time to do this right now" followed by "I've reset it but this has now caused all of our payment systems to go down"

Don't go if you're planning to work or use internet.

Deidre M, Owner at Ashanti Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Dear Novakariana,

On Friday of the Labour Day Long Weekend it was exceptionally busy. On top of our regular customers, long weekends bring us many new visitors not familiar with our menu that need a little more time & help with their options, wait times could be longer than usual. We’re sorry to hear that you recently have not had a positive experience.

We should have been better at communicating why we were not able to leave the counter to reset the modem. The staff couldn’t interrupt service for the other customers waiting in the lineup to place their orders. We should have made it clear that we would have been more than happy to assist after we cleared the lineup. Our free WIFI is available as a courtesy, respectfully, our first priority is serving food & beverages to our customers already waiting in line at the counter.

We do have a limit to the number of devices that can be connected to the WIFI at the same time so perhaps on busier days, our space isn't ideal if you need a place to work for a few hours and access WIFI is critical.

Thank you for your feedback, we now have updated a helpful checklist handout that was developed based on the most common issues when connecting to the WIFI.

Sincerely
Deidre Morris

Reviewed August 28, 2017

I've visited Ashanti in Collingwood often and Thornbury a few times. LOVE their coffee and usual friendly service. Today I stopped in for lunch at noon. The place was much quieter than usual, I didn't have to wait to place my order.

I ordered a tuna sandwich and large coffee in a mug. The girl on cash gave me a large mug I asked her if they had any warm mugs she said no. I went back a few minutes later and asked her to put some hot water in the mug to warm it which she did.

The coffee was as good as usual and the tuna sandwich was excellent but very cold because they are pre-made and sit in a cooler, I knew this before I ordered. I may be wrong but in the past they served a few potatoe chips with the sandwiches but not today. Total cost $9.10

Deidre M, Owner at Ashanti Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Hello Kathy

Thank you so much for your candid review. We are pleased to hear that you love our coffee. We apologize for not making you feel the usual welcome in our café on this last visit. We do hope you give us the opportunity to see you again. I would love to meet you in person over a coffee on me share your feedback on your next visit.

I will also send you a private message in order to get a little bit more information so that I can take the proper steps to ensure that our staff is held accountable for delivering on our expectations around customer service. Feel free to reach out me at the café by phone if you would like to discuss this further.

Best