“Dont be fooled by the location - try it!”
Review of Cabin Bistro

Cabin Bistro
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Collingwood
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went looking for a place to eat while travelling on business and went wandering down the street. I saw this place and went over to explore the menu. I was not expecting this type of restaurant in a strip mall. The menu and the decor drew me in. They have a respect for Canadian game and local sourced food. Try the bison. You won't be disappointed. They also pay terrific music.

2  Thank RalphW_10
There are newer reviews for Cabin Bistro

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The beet goat cheese salad is delicious. Enjoy the unique dishes at this bistro in Collingwood. The decor is very northern, yet chic.

1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Cabin Bistro is situated in a strip mall, but don't be fooled by the exterior. The leather couches and rustic decor provides a nice atmosphere. The restaurant features small plates as well as appetizers and mains. We shared a truffle mac and cheese - yum. I had the two cattle main (see photo attached). My son loved the poutine and my husband enjoyed his salad and bison burgers. I would return. The brownie was ok. My only disappointment was that after two attempts to serve me tea - I gave up. Each cup was dirty. Nonetheless, the waitress was still great and the food was amazing so I am still going to give the spot a very good rating.

1  Thank hipmomandwife
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited Cabin a few weeks ago with a friend of mine. We made a reservation (highly encouraged) and set out for a Saturday evening meal. I started with a lobster, avacado and corn salad, which I then followed with a pasta entree. The flavours were amazing in each dish and the presentation was impressive. It is clear that the chef was taking ample time to present food he was proud of. I was honestly amazed! It was great! The prices are reasonable, especially when you compare them to the over inflated prices you pay in the Blue Mountain village for sub-par food. I have recommended Cabin to everyone I know and am adding it to my list of favourite places to eat in town. I am SO happy Cabin is here!

1  Thank jmarti123
Reviewed April 21, 2012

As a self professed cook myself I always delight in finding a restaurant that exceeds my ability and expectations. Right from the humble welcome from 'Patricia' to the savory homemade brown potato chips and her generous 'tasting' of the wines before we chose one- we continuued to be pleased. The beet, goat cheese salad was beautiful to look at- pickled onion, fresh mandarins, carmelized hazelnuts was honestly one of the nicest salads I have ever had- or made! My husband indulged in the beef cheek poutine- this warm savoury decadent dish was - well what can I say- never to be forgotten. Our mains too were beyond wonderful- pork wellington- served with brussel spouts and corn- hard to describe- just so darn good! My 'beef two ways'- veal and beef cheeks- savoury and brown. Only suggestion would be to have the plates very hot as the meal was less than piping hot. We had hoped to celebrate our occassion with a bottle of our own wonderful wine but alas the restuarant doesn't have corkage as many in Collingwood do. We feel it's an advantage especially mid week when it's quiet and we just want to have a prepared meal and our own good wine- we'd go out more often if this were available. Chef Justin checked in with us and we chatted about wonderful quality meat!
Thanks for doing such a good job- oh yes we did have dessert- the goats cheese ice cream laid upon pistachio pave and beer battered, deep fried berries- sublime! Nice muted music, great ambience, comfy dining sofas- so comfortable! This review doesn't appear in 'collingwood' but within the other 17,000 'ONTARIO RESTAURANTS'- NEEDS TO GET FIXED!

1  Thank JazCan