“very good birthday”
Review of The Stuffed Peasant - CLOSED

The Stuffed Peasant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef Scott Carter uses as much locally supplied products as possible.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I knew that since i was new to collingwood, it was only going to be me and my mother for my birthday this year. so i did what any new person or tourist would do and went to the stuffed peasant based on its reviews, to the point, i thought it was great, melanie or melissa was our server, very charming, good with wine and knew what was going on

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Come experience small town Collingwood at Scott's restaurant. The owner-operator-chef will dazzle you with all kinds of flavours ranging from Southern fried chicken to duck confit to mouth watering ribs. Friendly staff and quaint ambiance provide you with a great Collingwood food experience!

1  Thank jskireid
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Staff was presentable, hilarious, on time, knowledgeable, and overall great. The food (I had the Duck Confit and my wife had the Steak Frites) was perfectly done, just the right amount, and easily customizable. The dessert was heaven. Chocolate Whisky Cake was the most moist flourless cake my wife has ever had, and they make a pretty great sticky toffee pudding.

2  Thank TOModera
Stuffed P, Owner at The Stuffed Peasant, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

Thank you for the great review. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff, they are hilarious, and we always try to have fun at work.
Scott

Reviewed May 31, 2014

This unassuming restaurant, was ignored by me for far too long!
After noticing it was #1 on Tripadvsor for so long, I finally tried it last night and was totally impressed, as were the rest of our group!
We all shared calamari & oysters. Our main courses were liver, salmon,
seafood pasta, & duck.
Sampling each other dishes, we all agreed everything was great.
Didn't have much room, but had to try the sticky toffee pudding & chocolate cake.
We'll be back for sure
Thanks for an superb meal, Scott

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited last Saturday for dinner, family get together, and we were all happy and stuffed when we left. Good atmosphere, pleasant service, great home style food, not gourmet. The mushroom pate very tasty, the liver done just right, fresh local asparagus, mountains of very nice crunchy, thin frites, Others in the party liked the ribs, and the pasta seafood dish. Vine selection sufficient for a bistro, and prices reasonable both for vine and food. Recommend to anyone looking for a good value real, not a corporate restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to recommend us to the Trip Advisor community. I hope we will see you again soon.
Scott