“Awesome”
Review of The Stuffed Peasant - CLOSED

The Stuffed Peasant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef Scott Carter uses as much locally supplied products as possible.
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations during the Elvis festival. Food was delicious , service was wonderful. Not a large place by any means so you wanna like your neighbour but we were sitting beside some locals and the had lots of facts and tips about the festival. Did have one awkward moment where a table of 6 came in and were upset that there was no room for them. They spouted off about being locals and don't look for them in the off season. Quite frankly as locals they should have known better than anyone to make reservations on such a busy wknd. Kudos to the staff for not making it into any more of a scene than the idiot customer did. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Shirley L

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It was our first time in Collingwood and were drawn to the Stuffed Peasant by their menu posted outside. They offered a price fix menu which provided a good choice of options. Michelle our server was very accommodating and friendly. We enjoyed a lovely meal and a delicious dessert over a glass of wine.

1  Thank MelandGary823
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were on way up north and with two little ones in tow as usual our departure time was a lot later then we had hoped. My wife fired up the TripAdvisor on her smart phone and with the high rating we decided to try it. My little ones wanted "hamburgers" and were disappointed that Mom and Dad were going to a "nice" restaurant.

The whole experience from the time we walked in to the time we left was fantastic. The wait staff were so nice to our children and the food was incredible. My children who can be very picky really enjoyed their meals and even "sampled" some of mine.

The owner came out and talked with us and we really enjoyed our time there. We will definitely be back. Thanks to everyone at the Stuffed Peasant.

1  Thank pademo57
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's a shame you didn't have a better experience at the Stuffed Peasant. Although your opinion of this incredible restaurant is entirely yours to express, there are a few things you should know. First, you got a hunk of iceberg lettuce because you ordered the wedge salad. Typically it comes with a delicious blue cheese dressing (I ordered this salad last time I was there). If you insist on changing the dish from the way it was intended, then you have no one to blame but yourself for the outcome. Secondly, perhaps the chicken was saltier than you are accustomed to eating and that's fair. My meals have always been seasoned properly. And lastly, I know without a doubt, that there are NO mixes in that kitchen. I'm a Cordon Bleu trained pastry chef, and I can tell you that the creme brûlée at the Stuffed Peasant is one of the best I've ever had (and I know my brûlées). The chef and I have had many discussions about food and desserts during my visits to the restaurant.
You were obviously having a bad day when you went to eat at this wonderful establishment. (oh, did I just make an absolutely baseless assumption??? You would know.)
Next time may I recommend that you dine at Swiss Chalet where you can get a garden salad with balsamic dressing and chicken for $11.85.

4  Thank Courtney S
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had read the previous reviews on this restaurant and was quite excited to go. I ordered the house salad with a balsamic vinegarette and received a hunk of iceberg lettuce smothered in a dense balsamic sauce. It was in edible. I had a chicken dish for the main. Very salty. Finally I had the creme brûlée for dessert. It was obviously made from a mix. This was my first and last visit to The Stuffed Peasant. There are many other less expensive restaurants in Collingwood with far superior food. This was mediocre food that was way overpriced.

3  Thank Christine P
Stuffed P, Owner at The Stuffed Peasant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

It is too bad that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant. We work hard to ensure that all guests have a positive experience and I believe that is reflected in the reviews that you see here.