“for our tenth aniversery!”
Review of Beild House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Collingwood
Beild House Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Collingwood B&B and Inns
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“for our tenth aniversery!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Terry and I had the best weekend, it more then made up for him being away on our anniversary. We went to collingwood and stayed at this great B&B called Beild house. We spent Friday night at the scandinavian spa, soaking in hot pools, and sweating in sauna and steam rooms. We got breakfast in bed Saturday morning, and a rose (yum, eggs benny with smoked salmon). We wondered the charming town for a few hours then headed just out of town for a wine and food pairing. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but the cheese was fantasticand I loved the dessert wines and ice wines they made, and we brought a few home with us. We headed back to the house for a engish tea, though we where early and had to sit around reading for a bit (oh darn:) ). We meet a great group of people that came for tea, and honestly keep our place by the fire after tea until supper time, enjoying the books. Dinner was amazing, I started with mussels, then the beef tenderloin and finished with a lemon mousse, to die for, and all wheat free for me. it's a BYOB place so most people brought their own wine, we enjoyed our coolers. after dinner a group of us (most of the guests in fact) moved to the couches and chatted well into the night, I think it was 2am when we made it back to our rooms. When we got there we relised that we should have headed to be sooner, there where rose petals on the bed and a pair of truffles and chocolate dipped strawberries! We eat the berries, had a petal fight (as you do!)! and then fell asleep. morning came much to early, as we had said we would eat breakfast at 8:30 (ugg!). But it was still fantastic and we got to talk some more with our new friends form the night before. We headed up stairs,got things packed up then headed to the basement for our massages, and I had a lovely manicure. whew, what a hard weekend! Would totally recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked this venue for my dream wedding.
Its sad to say that the male owner of this venue was too rude for words.
The night before the wedding I booked a 2 bedroom sweet which included a sitting room with a pull out bed. I was quoted $300.00. When I arrived the night before the wedding I was given a bill for nearly $600.00. When I approched the owner with this issue he would not listen to a word i had to say, and stood there and yelled at me in front of 6 of my family members to the point of making me cry and have a break down. One of the staff called us the night before to offer us a room free of charge. The owner told us we were liers and nothing of the sort happend.

The night before my wedding I should feel happy and confertable in my my space.
I felt nothing of the sort due to the owner behaviour.
The staff are wonderful and my wedding planner was great!

If you would like to be absued and lied to and have your special event ruined feel free to stay at this venue!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank sarahkayden
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

To be perfectly honest we just came back from the Inn family day weekend and I'm very disappointed in this place. it cost us $450 for 2 nights with 2 bath passes, breakfast and dinner plus tax and almost $70 in forced gratuties, which i have no problem with when credit is due. To start the room is painfully small for 2 people with hardly any walking space between the bed, dresser, and night stands. the bathroom is probably the smallest i have ever encountered in my life. I found myself trying hard to not hit the sides or the door. I'm not a big person either 5'8 and 165 pounds so you can only imagine how small it is. The tv was like 10 inches and of poor quality from the 90's it seemed. Meals were just ok. it was a lot of frozen food that was simple to make yourself. my boyfriend has the pancakes which were a pancake mix and i had the egg florantine with a hash brown, which is the frozen ones you get in the grocery store. Dinner consisted of coconut shrimp (frozen), 2 tablespoons portion of fruit sobet (which is very weird to serve between an appitizer and main), seared shrimp with pasta (while tasty the portion was of a size of a lean cuisine tv dinner), and lemon curd served in a coffee cup. space was very limited for all the guest which were at one large table with the except of the suite which was given there own table. service was ok no special attention given, felt more like forced interest when asking for more drinks and dinners were all served at one time for everyone.
overall would i stay here again? a giant NO spend the little extra and just stay at blue mountain or just a regular hotel.

2 Thank Lovemuffin99
Paper Chef C, Manager at Beild House Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for your review and assure you that we take all concerns seriously. We have recently hired a Customer service and marketing consultant to make sure we are listening to valued customers like you. It is unfortunate that you did not feel you received value for the money you spent. We would like to point out that close to $100.00 of that $450.00 total was for the all day Scandinave bath passes alone (you would have to pay that if you were to book directly with Scandinave Spa. As I hope you will agree this is often the highlight of most of our guests during their stay with us. With the remaining $350.00 going to 2 nights accommodation, full hot country breakfast for two people on two mornings, a 5 course gourmet dinner for two people on one evening as well as afternoon sweet tea (tons of sweets), complimentary refreshments available 24 hours a day and much more along with the opportunity to bring your own wine to the table with no corkage fee from us, we are truly surprised by your disappointment in that value. As far as frozen shrimp being served you are partially correct. The shrimp comes frozen to us as they do for most restaurants since we do not have access to fresh shrimp in this area. We do however prepare and batter the shrimp in house. All our sauces, breads, baked goods, jams and so much more is also home baked in house by our staff. Ironically we had a recent guest that was from the East coast who stated "these shrimp are better than I get at home". It is unfortunate that you did not have the same experience.
As far as your comment regarding the sorbet being served at a "weird time" between the appetizer and the main course you should know that this is a common practice in the industry. The purpose of the timing is to cleanse your palate before the main course. I encourage you to Google "when to serve sorbet". The seating arrangement at dinnertime can sometimes be a surprise to some of our guests but more often than not we hear nothing but positive comments from them saying how great it was to meet people from all over the world or in your backyard. Most of our guests come to us with that understanding and thoroughly enjoy the experience. Staying at a B&B or an Inn like ours is certainly different than staying in a hotel and we like it that way. It is a pleasant mixture of time to yourself mixed with limited time spent meeting new people. We often see guests who were initially resistant to this dinner seating format exchanging emails with fellow guests and chatting into the wee hours of the morning. This apparently is not for you however and we are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Your comments about the older TV's in some of our rooms is warranted and we are taking steps to update them all. Thank you again for your feedback.
North Bay
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have just returned from spending a fabulous weekend at Beild House. We arrived late (due to a huge snowstorm) and were greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome. Beild House has so much character, and, personality. Our room was lovely, and, very cozy. We were in the area for a fundraising event, however, the package offered by Beild House kept us busy all weekend!! We took advantage of the Scandinave Spa on the night we arrived, and, it was much needed after a harrowing drive. What a great way to relax! We thoroughly enjoyed the wine tour at Georgian Vineyards, as well as, the spa services at the B&B. (the staff were so accommodating despite the fact that we were running late!! Thank you girls!!)
We thoroughly enjoyed a spectacular five course dinner on Saturday night at Beild Ho.use. We appreciated the efforts to utilize local sources for products and ingredients Our highest compliments to the chef. It was very difficult to select what we would like for our courses, from the menu offered, as the choices were all so tempting. It was very obvious that each dish reflected the chef's passion for his trade, and, his presentation was beautiful. It was lovely to speak to the chef following our meal.
As well, we enjoyed a lively conversation with the house owner. He, too, showed passion for his business and caring for his community.
We would love to stay at Beild House again, and, highly recommend it to anyone. Although we do not, typically, stay at B&B's, this establishment was nothing less than welcoming, comfortable, accommodating, and, a lovely relaxing place to share our weekend.

Room Tip: Please bear in mind that this is an older building...therefore, like all nicely aged homes, the floo...
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have been to the Beild house 4 times now and love it each time, this last time was a birthday celebration for myself planned by my hubby and it was wonderful we got upgraded to a room with a nice fireplace, he ordered the romance package so we had rose pettles, candles and some goodies waiting for us after our dinner out. Breakfast in bed was faboulous and delivered on time. All in all the staff is very helpful rooms and are all very clean. I am sure we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 5 this time around but by far my fav room in the house is the one on the 3r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just stayed at the Beild House from Fri to Sunday.. Arrived on Friday afternoon just as tea was being served... Amy was great.. so informative.. friendly and showed us everything. We were in room #4. It was quite small but acceptable (what do you expect for a B & B you are in a house). Couple of comments though on the room. The furniture (tables )were a bit unsteady and we were over the kitchen. I am a light sleeper so I heard them talking in the morning and the fans going on. This room had a fireplace.. but because of that if it wasn't on it was cold, if it was on it got too hot... So when we go back I will ask to probably be in room 7 or 8 down the hallway that had no fireplace and seemed a bit bigger. We looked into room 6 - big king size bed.. was a much bigger room - quite nice. On the main floor I think room #1 - is a suite with 2 bedrooms and a lounge and a front porch to sit one so could be good for two couples to stay in. Didn't see any other rooms to offer comments.

The breakfast on Sat was ok. Wasn't very warm - Blueberry bread was great and coffee good. Breakfast on Sunday - I had the Blueberry French Toast.. very nice. At Tea time 4- 5:30 they put out home baked goodies.. I heard they were good (I just don't eat sweets). We had dinner there on the Sat night with 7 other people. Had a great time - getting to know everyone and having a few laughs. I had the lamb- was a little disappointed should have gone with the Steak.. people around me said steak was excellent. The coconut shrimps ok.. greek salad good - spinach salad I heard was GREAT! Also had the cheese tray - was ok.

On the main level is an area to relax, sit and read one of the many books that are around. There is a fireplace.. it was cozy. There is alot of "old" english history on the walls.. and our room had pictures of the royal family. So I'm thinking the theme is "old" english style. So if you like modern - go stay at the Holiday Inn. We ended up meeting a lovely couple whom we ended up going x country skiing with on Sunday.

You can come and go when you want - no restrictions. All in all a lovely place to stay vs the sterile - box cutter hotels and motels that we've usually stayed in. We will go back but ask for a different room and will not stay for dinner.... head to somewhere different to try out new places.

To the owners - I agree on a couple of previous reviews re: the carpets getting cleaned or updated but I do understand with how much traffic there is the wear and tear but maybe it's time for a change. Our bed spread wasn't very warm.. and there wasn't an extra blanket in the room to use. We only had two small mirrors - no long mirror in our room. Would have liked to be able to get some hot water (kettle) during the day to have a tea and not have to wait for the "tea time".

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were probably good..Because I'm a light sleeper wouldn't stay in #4 ag...
Oakville
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a wonderful step back in time! From the moment we walked through the door of The Beild House Country Inn, we were wrapped in hospitality and history. Eclectic details fill every room. We enjoyed our afternoon tea by the fireplace, while we talked to Eric the Chef. Centrally located, we walked to the Stuffed Pheasant for dinner, and then retired to enjoy our poster bed and fireplace.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collingwood
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Blue Mountains
Living Water Resort
Living Water Resort
#2 of 11 in Collingwood

Been to Beild House Inn? Share your experiences!